amp upgrade?

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi

Im looking to upgrade my nad c320bee amp , ive had it a while now but i would like to get something better that will work ok with the rest of my system , this is my system at the moment. if im upgrading i would like to hear a difference

arcam cd73

nad c320

monitor audio RS1 speakers

cheers

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
beachBOYken:
hi

Im looking to upgrade my nad c320bee amp , ive had it a while now but i would like to get something better that will work ok with the rest of my system , this is my system at the moment. if im upgrading i would like to hear a difference

arcam cd73

nad c320

monitor audio RS1 speakers

cheers

To hear a worthwhile difference that would justify the expense, and assuming you were buying new, I would suggest spending about £750 or so.ÿ

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
did'nt really want to spend that much really, the cd player is pretty new for me and the speakers are fine and not that old either , but my amp is where i would like to try an upgrade but really did not want to spend fortunes
emotion-42.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
beachBOYken:did'nt really want to spend that much really, the cd player is pretty new for me and the speakers are fine and not that old either , but my amp is where i would like to try an upgrade but really did not want to spend fortunes
emotion-42.gif

Maybe look on eBay. You can pick some good kit up from good brands at a good price.

ÿ

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
matengawhat:http://www.moorgateacoustics.co.uk/index.php?product_id=685914&option=Prod_detail&image_id=297108

cyrus 6vs2 - £425 - would be good upgrade for you

would that go well with my arcam and rs1 speakers?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
that's harder to say - arcam warm - cyrus detailed and poss a little bright although someone was telling me they ran MA with cyrus and really liked the sound - poss sound a little forward but depends if you like your music that way

also the cyrus kits upgradable so good long term bet

A

Anonymous

The Creek Evo for around 340.00 at superfi is surely a big upgrade? well in fact that's rhetorical, I know it's a big upgrade

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
i like the look of that creek evo , in terms of sound im trying to get a more punchy or solid sound stage if you know what i mean

and tighter bass

A

Anonymous

what about getting a matching nad power amp? i think there's posts on here saying that improves the sound stage and such.

I've certainly read it somewhereo

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
I agree the evo is a good choice, but if you want to go second hand then you can get more for your money. You can pick up a good amp at auction for a half the price as new maybe even a third, just be wise. Byeing another amp in that price bracket wont give you what your looking for, i dont want to ruffle feathers but its budget and £400 is budget money but £400 for an £800 amp is the next step.
Time to mull!!
Shooter69

A

Anonymous

I hear what you are saying but bear in mind the creek evo was over 500.00, it's certainly not budget and there is a certain reassurance to buying new. There is no question that it is a much better than the C320 BEE and for under 400.00 if superfi still have it, then it's a bargain.

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
the thing is i dont mind getting second hand , but where do i look as im not keen on ebay also if im going to spend £400 on a new or used amp it has to give me better performance from my nad c320

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
guys would the cyrus 6vs amp be a big upgrade from my nadc320 and would it be ok with a arcam diva cd73 and ma rs1 speakers?

not got much time to audition stuff but i just need to know if it will give me a better listening experience?

thanks

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
ok ive got my selection down to the cyrus 6vs2 or 8vs2 , would the 8vs be a bit overkill or would it be ok with the rest of my system (rs1 speakers and diva cd73)

cheers

A

Anonymous

Personally at 40 watts per channel I would not recommend the Cyrus 6vs and would opt for the Creek Evo but of course, it's up to you
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Oh I agree but the 8vs2 is going to burst the barriers of 400.00 and then some i imagine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts