Amp upgrade required for new speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a pair of Dali Zensor 1 speakers as I've literally not read a bad word about them. I currently have a Leapi LP-2020A+ amp which I got for dirt cheap (around £25) which I am using with some below par Panasonic speakers at the moment, my question is coming from someone who is not a massive audiophile but would like decent sound will this amp suffice or would it be worth spending a few quid on a new bit of kit?

Review of said amplifier can be found here: http://reviews.cnet.com/amplifiers-preamps-processors/lepai-lp-2020a/4505-7871_7-35190789.html

Cheers.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I've never heard of that amp myself, but the price and size lead me to think you could find something better to drive your speakers.

Try to draw up a shortlist of amps within your intended budget and go have a listen (preferably with your own or some shop demo Dalis) to gauge for yourself whether any outlay is worth it.

Also bear in mind your money will go further on the second hand market, but unless you've got any friends or family with the amps you're looking at, you're buying blind, so be careful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts