Amp upgrade - Marantz SR7009

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Paul.

his dudeness said:
i use myav pro app its very good but doesnt support my bdp yet.

the standard Marantz app has basic bluray control, it can do anything HDMI CEC can do. I control my Panasonic BDP-310 via the Marantz app. Just hit the player view button top right when bluray is selected.

scene

his dudeness said:
thanks will give it ago,had,nt looked at the marantz app to much.*drinks*
I downloaded the Marantz app for both the iPad and android. Seems OK; does the basics, but doesn't seem to be an all singing dancing app, like say the Yamaha remote av one. Though on the plus side it is very easy to use. And it is free.

scene

SR7009 first thoughts
Well after the amp arrived on Saturday (thanks again Peter Tyson!), managed to get it set up on Sunday (note to self: if you're going to get a stupidly large AV cabinet, put it on wheels!).
It was really easy to set up, just as others have said, it was a pleasant surprise. I wish all amps were as easy, full marks to Marantz for making things so simple and straightforward.
And it sounds great! I'm really happy with it so far. Music's really clear and controlled, was really able to hear all the different instruments. What I've heard so far on the AV side has also been impressive. Really looking forward to giving it a full workout on the film side :D

TRENDING THREADS