What AVR or AVR+Stereo Amp for Dali Lektor 2?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I recently upgraded my speakers to Dali Lektor 2 and Dali LCR Center. I currently have them connected to a Yamaha RX-V371 but I'm not satisfied with the sound, especially not with music.

I read somewhere that Marantz PM6004 is a good pairing with the Lektors. But I enjoy watching movies as much as I enjoy music. So I'm thinking of Marantz NR1402 AVR. Would it sound better than the Yamaha? Would it be a good match with the Lektors? And if so: would adding PM6004 (Pre-out) bring a noticable improvement to the sound quality?

(I mostly listen at low-mid volumes since I live in an appartment)

Any other AVRs to consider?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Joel

hortensio

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Keep your Yamaha for movie, just add Marantz pm6004 for music...you should try also NAD C326bee..it will add punch to your Lektor 2....

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all your suggestions! I will audition the NAD sometime next week!

I'm quite OK with the sound for movies so I've decided to just keep it, but there's one problem. The Yamaha doesn't have pre-out. And I suppose I would harm the electronics if I connected the Lektors to both sources.

What about this device? http://www.amazon.co.uk/HQ-2-WAY-SPEAKER-CONTROL-SWITCH/dp/B000W1XMJS

It's designed to work the other way around (1 source -> 2 Pair of speakers) but would it work with 2 sources and 1 pair of speakers? Would the sound quality be affected by this device?

/Joel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts