amp up to 1200 Euros

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, dear WHF team:
I actualy own a Roksan Kandy and im so pleased with it, specialy the deep bass, the slow pace, the huge of details captured and the phono stage (that came to push aside my vincent cd player as a unfavorite source).
I bought this 2006 Roksan in second-hand for 600€ and now my budget is up to 1200€.
As for my short list of upgrading amps, i find that here in Portugal we unfortunetly dont have Leema nor Moon brands and i dont like Naim for the silly reason of looks - so im left with my adorable Cyrus 8, Primare i21 and Roksan caspian M1.
what i whould like to buy is an amp that can be as mellow, slow, and detailed as my Roksan to make my monitor audio BR6 sing with my "bassy" music.
is there an amp out there to mimic the Roksan or do i keep my actual amp since doubling the sum doesnt forcely means better sound ???
Greetings from a rookie girl - Alexa.

A

Anonymous

forgot to mention that preferably the amp must have an entry for MM turntable, to avoid buying a phono box and extra pair of cables.

A

Anonymous

since the brand is the same, does the roksan caspian has a similar sound as the kandy model?
warm, calm, deep, fully packed, in control and excelent phono stage?

A

Anonymous

soundzen:I actualy own a Roksan Kandy and im so pleased with it, specialy the deep bass, the slow pace, the huge of details captured and the phono stage (that came to push aside my vincent cd player as a unfavorite source).

ÿ

Kandy, slow pace?ÿ

soundzen:ÿ

i dont like Naim for the silly reason of looks - so im left with my adorable Cyrus 8

ÿ

I suppose half ugly is better than full ugly, I see your point here.

soundzen:ÿÿ

what i whould like to buy is an amp that can be as mellow, slow, and detailed as my Roksan to make my monitor audio BR6 sing with my "bassy" music

If you like the Roksan sound you could do much worse than buying the Caspian, it is a great amp. Not sure about this slow thing though, is that listening to your turntable? I wouldn't call the Kandy or the Caspian "slow", they have a dynamic, full sound at the cost of some details. The Caspian doesn't have a phono stage (I think ÿ) but I wouldn't discount a great amp because of this, an external phono amp would allow you to buy one of much greater quality than the internal one. You can also hide it if you don't want too many boxes.

Lastly, I'm afraid your current speakers are not really up to the job when you get to the Caspian stage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts