amp trouble, help me bring back the music

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My pm4001 goes mute after a minute or so of playing, a little red mute light comes on and the amp basically freezes, can't change the input selector or un-mute with the remote, have to switch off and on again. The little playback I do get has an odd fluctuating sound quality, no consistency of tone or anything. This is a well-kept 2nd hand amp (ebay, sorry!) which I have just set up for the first time, I am really disappointed as I have gone hungry for weeks to pay for a new system. The only thing I have found on t'internet is that it might be a blown fuse, any help at all will be greatly appreciated, thanks -KJ

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I'm guessing you have double checked all your original wiring - amps tend to have a safety cut off if anythings not connected prop - try unplugging everything including your speakers - just connect the cd player no speakers and hit play and see if it trips and then turn all off and just connect cd player and speakers. Try connecting CD player to another input apart from the CD one.

A

Anonymous

thanks, I have checked all the wiring but not unwired it all, looks okut you never know, I'll let you know

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts