Amp suggestions to tri amp PMC twenty 26

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
I heard them at an audio t demo with with Cyrus mono x300 signature power amps tri amped. Ie 3 amps per speaker. It was very awesome indeed. I know probably out of budget but I think these speakers can really sing driven really really well . 

Just the endorsement I needed :)

And was it passive tri-amping or had they gone completely active .

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
newlash09 said:
nopiano said:
Infiniteloop said:
Seriously, I wouldn’t bother. Power Your PMC’s with a decent Valve Amp and be blown away. 

I agree that the effort is highly unlikely to be rewarded in sound quality, and could easily not work at all.  And you’d be meddling with perfectly good speakers.  I definitely wouldn’t bother.

Whether a valve amp would please you or not I cannot say, but it would certainly be different, and that seems to be the itch you’re trying to scratch!  

Exactly. Was considering that line magnetic LM 219ia for a change. But can't stand that heat. So gave up on tubes completely. Probably a tube dac or tube buffer can fit in....will start with the cheapest Chinese one I can find . Just to make sure it does a difference to the sound before spending on quality

I don’t believe a Tube dac or buffer will give you anything like the full effect a real Tube amp will. 

But some folks on audiogon seem to be using audio note tubed DAC's, and claiming a transformation in sound. Though honestly how much of tubey goodness is still left after a SS pre + power is indeed doubtful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts