Amp & speaker advice

mrsterg

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I’ve caught the hifi bug and want to buy my first proper system – currently have a zeppelin and use Spotify. I (think) I would like an integrated amp that I can connect to my mac and also an additional usb input that I can connect my iPhone/iPad to. I will also need speakers, however my listening room is only approx. 3m x 3m - although double doors open at one end of the lounge giving additional space. My budget is £2k – Please can you give me some suggestions of speakers that may be suitable and matching amps? The only amp I’ve seen so far that appears to fit the bill is a Rotel ra1570 – does anyone have any experience of this amp? Would a Naim UnitiLite give superior sound to the Rotel?

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The Rotel RA1570 is a good amplifier. I would also consider the Cambridge CXA80 at £750 which has a USB input and a decent onboard DAC and the Creek 50A with Ruby DAC module.

rainsoothe

Hi. If you can, audition as much as you can. But you should definately have Naim on your shortlist - unitilite + Focal Aria 906 or Wharfedale Jade 3, or Sonus Faber Toy tower if you can find a pair. Hegel H80 should also be on that shortlist, as well as Rotel + B&W.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts