Amp power

A

Anonymous

tosh:If i upgraded my Nad 315 amp to a 326 amp would there be a noticeable difference powering my Kef IQ5se or would it be marginal? Thanks

On paper and at face value with pure watts, I would say marginal. However, you have to take into account many factors into this. These include damping factor, current, quality of parts/chassis etc. bot just the power rating etc.

Can you demo? That would be the most important issue to me - does it sound better........

millerman

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Tosh

I recently had a NAD amp and cd player. I wanted to upgrade, simpy to get a better sound from my hifi.

I took all my kit into the hifi shop and auditioned a number of amp and cd combinations. eventually after reviewing £3k worth of kit I sugested to the hifi shop that the differnece was not big enough for me to spend my money on.

They then suggested that I forget upgrading both my cd and amp and concentrate on the amp. I tested a Musical Fedelity M6 it sounded terrific especially with some new interconnectors. Anyway the bottom line is that the new amp has brought new life into my music. Ultimately it depends on what you get. But I am very grateful to the hifi shop for thier honest advice and patience with me. If you are lucky there will be a decent hifi shop near you but my experience is that a change in amps brought precisely the change I wanted.

Good uck

TRENDING THREADS