Amp issues - probably a common problem

SN99

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
SANSUI AMP SAV201V I recently unplugged my Sansui hi-fi separates system for some decorating at home. Now, after I put it back in place, the amp keeps cutting out when passing a certain volume level (it is not a high volume and is no higher than levels I used before.)I've also noticed the unit getting quite hot.The unit is plugged into the same electricity socket as it was before. Is this a common or recognised issue with the SAP201V or amps in general? And what can I do about it?

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
This was recently posted as an issue on a Marantz amplifier, im guessing its the same problem. Essentially with that one from memory the amp had been turned up to very high volumes briefly which had damaged the amp causing it to go into protection mode at much lower volumes. Im guessing something has blown in yours (possibly when its been unplugged / replugged back in ?).

SteveR750

Obvious question, but worth asking just in case, are you sure that the speaker cables are not shorting out in anyway? If you're using bare ends into the terminals, it's possible there is a stray strand causing problems.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
Obvious question, but worth asking just in case, are you sure that the speaker cables are not shorting out in anyway? If you're using bare ends into the terminals, it's possible there is a stray strand causing problems.

This sounds the likely problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts