Amp for Rega RS5?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I have recently bought Rega RS5 speakers. And now I am looking for amp.
My budged is around 500-600£. I listen
to all styles of music from classical to hard rock. My favourite instrument is guitar;
therefore I am looking for an amp which could handle jazz, blues and hard rock.
Any recommendations on speaker cable for RS5.

All your experience with Rega RS5/RS3 speakers will be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Evaldas

A

Anonymous

The Rega Mira 3 made for a very nice, balanced sound with the R5s. I'm sure you could find one to fit the budget. The Naim Nait is another good option with a rather different sound but might be harder to find at the price.

For me the Mira 3 sounded the best. Very detailed, controlled, smooth, balanced and imaged beautifully. People have slated it as a poor amp but I suspect that's because it needs to be matched to Rega kit. Rega kit synergises very well indeed, perhaps that's a bit obvious
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for prompt response! I was also thinking about Nait5i, Mira3 and Roksan LIII. It will be difficult to make decision to choose either Nait5i or Mira3. Unfortunately I am quite busy person and don't have enough time for demo!
Which amp would be best for rock music Nait5i or Mira3? What speaker cables are using?
Evaldas

Evaldas:Thanks guys for prompt response! I was also thinking about Nait5i, Mira3 and Roksan LIII. It will be difficult to make decision to choose either Nait5i or Mira3. Unfortunately I am quite busy person and don't have enough time for demo! Which amp would be best for rock music Nait5i or Mira3? What speaker cables are using? Evaldas

The Roksan Kandy and the Naim would certainly fit the bill when it comes rock. They are both very gutsy amps and should drive the Regas with ease.

What source do you have?

tenergy

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
If you're on a budget, the Rega quattros would make great speaker cables for your RS5's. Though made for bi-amping, they separate quite easily should you use them in a more conventional configuration.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
A little twist but I'd try a couple of valve amps if you can. Never heard the the RS5 but had plenty of time with the previous version with several different amplifiers, including rega and naim. Some of the best sounds came from a cheap fatman ipod thingy. These Regas are easy to drive so a good 20 or 30 watt amplifier should be plenty. Oddly enough I found Naim a little edgy with the 5. Just my opinion but it should be easy to arrange a dem side by side.

A

Anonymous

within your budget I would agree with igglebert on this one, i have spent the last week in the demo rooms trying to find a good source and amp for my speakers with the same kind of budget, and i was very very suprised to find the rega gear a perfect match for my speakers. although i would say you must do your own auditions as we all expect different things from are set ups and are tastes slightly vary. but for me the mira 3 and apollo cdp are a terific combo and well worth a listen.

A

Anonymous

Now I am considering two systems:

a) Rega Mira3/ Rega SC42

b) Naim 5i/ Rega SC42 or Chord Carnical SilverScreen

Any thoughts!

A

Anonymous

I have Rega Apollo player. I think I will go for SC42... just need to save some extra money
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Drummerman which amp did you like better with you R5 naim or rega! what generation ipod did you use?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts