Amp for Q acoustics 2010I

gasolin

I have a jamo a 102 hsc 5.1 surround system and a sony str-dh550 i got new for less than half price (sony)

I use 2 jamo sub 200

I found a new pair of Q acoustics 2010i i couldn't resist buying, since there was 50% off and free delivery where i can return it within 14 days and i even think they pay for the return of the speakers

My reason is i don't use my surround system for surround sound,movies, all i use it for is news,freinds,king of queens, cromecast from youtube (vlogs) and that's it, all movies, most of the tv i see and music i use my pc, i would also get rid of the speaker cable on the floor (havn't mounted it so i can't see it, im lazy) and lees power use not using the subwoofers (who needs 2 subwoofers for friends or king of queens?)

So in turns of amp what do you surgest?

Use what i have or find a used amp with remote control?

For tv i could even use a new less than 100€ tripath amp from ebay,amazon (most important is that it has a remote control and doesn't have any humm,buzz) since i wouldn't in any way use all the features including the 5 channels that there is in my sony reciver and for tv there would be enough power, also if i sell my sony someone can use it for what it's built for, movies/surround sound

2b5b63e32e0f3fe5d41e481cd2030602

HCC170.jamo_a1.02-970-80.jpg

gasolin

I have already sold my surround system, so i would like an advise on a low budget used amp that has a sound that mactches the q acoustics 100€ would be fine the rest of the money i got im gonna use for the speakers

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
gasolin said:
I have already sold my surround system, so i would like an advise on a low budget used amp that has a sound that mactches the q acoustics 100€ would be fine the rest of the money i got im gonna use for the speakers

Depends how "used" used means... If you mean newish but second hand then there is plenty of Marantz stuff out there in the €100 region which is less than 5 years old. You don't say what music you like, whether you need a DAC, and or what sources you use, but Marantz is a good place to start. A PM5004 perhaps?

Cambridge Audio, something from the Azur range may also work for you. Finally a nice powerful Nad might be worth looking at.

Personally I would try and pick up a Cyrus 1 but that may be a little too "used" for your tastes...

Edit - There has been some discussion on other threads about the merits of feeding a pair of budget speakers with a bit of juice so maybe look for an amp with a bit of wellie...

gasolin

Gazzip said:
gasolin said:

Depends how "used" used means... If you mean newish but second hand then there is plenty of Marantz stuff out there in the €100 region which is less than 5 years old. You don't say what music you like, whether you need a DAC, and or what sources you use, but Marantz is a good place to start. A PM5004 perhaps?

Cambridge Audio, something from the Azur range may also work for you. Finally a nice powerful Nad might be worth looking at.

Personally I would try and pick up a Cyrus 1 but that may be a little too "used" for your tastes...

Edit - There has been some discussion on other threads about the merits of feeding a pair of budget speakers with a bit of juice so maybe look for an amp with a bit of wellie...

Found a PM5004 but my PM8005 and the PM5004 operate on the same frequency, sometimes i let my amp be on until it turns itself of after 30 min, so 2 amps that works with the same remote *wacko* The price was okay

gasolin

No one who knows about a tripth amp with remote control with shipping for no more than 50-70£ or 100€ to denmark?

Mabye something like this just with a remote control https://www.amazon.co.uk/Topping-VX3-Amplifier-TPA3116D2-Bluetooth/dp/B01JZB7WGO/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1474217121&sr=1-5&keywords=tripath+with

gasolin said:
Al ears said:
gasolin said:
Sony TA F570ES or denon dra-f107 i can get the sony for just under 75£ and the denon just a bit under 110£

The Sony in my opinion. Their ES labelled kit is usually of a very high standard.

Just realised theres no remote with the sony *nea*

Oh dear! Obviously designed in the days when people didn't mind being a bit more active.... :)

Rowan1981

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I have a pair of Q acoustics 2020i's and they are powered by a Marantz pm5005 which sounds fantastic. ! so that would be my recommendation for you:) nice waerm sounding and deliveres plenty of details in the high's. I think you;d be hard pushed to find a a better amp at this price point

gasolin

Al ears said:
gasolin said:
Al ears said:
gasolin said:
Sony TA F570ES or denon dra-f107 i can get the sony for just under 75£ and the denon just a bit under 110£

The Sony in my opinion. Their ES labelled kit is usually of a very high standard.

Oh dear! Obviously designed in the days when people didn't mind being a bit more active.... :)

It's the 590ES or 690ES that has remote control, i feel there must be a remote control (Who sit's so close to a tv,sound system that they can adjust it (change channels,volume) without a remote control?).

gasolin

Rowan1981 said:
I have a pair of Q acoustics 2020i's and they are powered by a Marantz pm5005 which sounds fantastic. ! so that would be my recommendation for you:) nice waerm sounding and deliveres plenty of details in the high's. I think you;d be hard pushed to find a a better amp at this price point

I can't use it since it operates at the same frequency as the remote of my PM8005

I always let my PM8005 turn itself off so using a remote for a PM5004 (i found one for less than 100£, what they want for sending it to me i don't know) is not possible since many times i would have 2 amps that turn of or get higher or lower in volume, so next time i use my PM8005 i might have the volume on high

If only i could turn of the remote on my PM8005 i would buy the PM5004

gasolin said:
Al ears said:
gasolin said:
Al ears said:
gasolin said:

It's the 590ES or 690ES that has remote control, i feel there must be a remote control (Who sit's so close to a tv,sound system that they can adjust it (change channels,volume) without a remote control?).

The F570ES is an integrated amp so you wouldn't need to change channels. Back in the old days when it was made people used to get up, go to the amp and rotate the big volume pot a bit,............... crazy I know :)

Should not be too much of a problem if you are simply using it in a two channel stereo system surely (which I believe is what you are trying to do).

gasolin

Al ears said:
gasolin said:
Al ears said:
gasolin said:
Al ears said:
gasolin said:

The F570ES is an integrated amp so you wouldn't need to change channels. Back in the old days when it was made people used to get up, go to the amp and rotate the big volume pot a bit,............... crazy I know :)

Should not be too much of a problem if you are simply using it in a two channel stereo system surely (which I believe is what you are trying to do).

Only for my tv

Never used my surround system with my 2x jamo sub 200 for movies and above normal volume, i need to turn the amp on and off and adjust the volume since my tv doesn't have this feature where it can make each channel equally loud, have the same gain, i can't even use my panasonic (g20) remote to adjust the sound form an amp without at the same time adjusting the volume from the speakers on my tv, if i wated to.

D

Deleted member 108165

gasolin said:
If only i could turn of the remote on my PM8005 i would buy the PM5004

Easy, just take the batteries out or apply some black electrical tape to the ir sensor on the amp *biggrin*

gasolin

ID. said:
gasolin said:
Found an amp
I liked the part where you told us what it is.

Since you asked ( i should get my q acoustics 2010i today, i hope they don't sound so good that i want a pair of concept 20 instead of my emit 10 *ROFL*)

Beomaster i couldn't find any that would delivere it and didn't get feedback from those i wrote to

Nad c320 didn't texted me back

sony amp was a whole system with radio,minidisc,cdplayer amp, i couldn't buy the amp, it was the whole system

Small nad micro dvd reciver C717 less than 100€ (according to cnet it used to cost 1099$), avarage dvd player,should be okay as a cdplayer, enough power for tv 20/30 watt in 6 ohm, remote control, small size, less than 10 years old

http://www.cnet.com/au/products/nad-c-717-micro-dvd-receiver/review/2/

gasolin

Amp and speaker recived speaker cable audioquets flx slip 14/4 (the white version)

Nad c 717 q acoustics 2010i surprisingly loud

If that was my only hfif i would be happy (although i would go for the 2020i because of the bass) prise less then 200€ with cable i had mabye 200£ ,240€

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8lrchjswgmmbss/DSC_0139.JPG?dl=0

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts