AMP for neat motive 2SE

Mikejekel

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

i currently run a set of neat motive 2se with Arcam A28. Although I prefer it over my rega brio r with dynaudio x12 combination I wonder if this is the right synergy.

Rega brio r was too bright for my taste. Now the bass in the nests can sound a bit muddled, not punchy. I want to go second hand to improve the situation. Last thing I want is to get back to brightness.

i read a lot that naim should be a good partner for neat. Any experiences here? For the amount of watts they produce it seems to be quite expensive. Or maybe I should not care about that?

any advice is welcome.

Thanks

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Yes, Naim's are certainly sounding punchy and are often used with Neat.

It will be a markedly different sound to your Rega/Arcam (even if some folks like to proclaim all amplifiers sound the same ... )

Mikejekel

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

the naim range is a bit out of my reach, even on the second hand market. I read about the exposure having a similar sound as naim and found a 2010s for a good price. Tomorrow the listening can start. What do you guys think I this combination?

now I am facing a new problem, or potential so you will. The exposure is not equipped with a phono stage. Now I can either buy the exposure module built in for 160,- or the rega external fono mini for 150,-. What would be a theoretical better choice?

thanks for your help!

Mikejekel

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
I would be looking at s/hand Roksan Kandy K2 or Marantz Pearl lite. Both should have good synergy with Neats and both have built-in phono stages for a TT.

so I settled for the exposure 2010s and added the rega fono mini as a separate pre amp. I am still not convinced of this combo. I would love to try the roksan but too expensive new and it never shows up on Dutch auction sites.

Whats your our thoughts on the unison unico primo? I think I can buy that to test and sell on without losing any money.

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Here in the USA they used to always pair up Neat speakers with Exposure gear at all of the shows. There is supposed to be good synergy between the two. The 2010S2 integrated amp is rated in Stereophile magazine in their top tier "A" category. The least expensive integrated amp with that honor.

jerryapril

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Mike

Try this: http://www.neat.co.uk/p_pages/faqs.php

Last year at Bristol Hi-Fi show Neat was demoing their SX1 with Naim SN and it did sounded very good. Very musical.

Altarnatively, Musical Fidelity MF6i can be had for £1500. Probably the best choice after the Naim.

You've picked excellent speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts