Amp for Monitor Audio Apex

A

Anonymous

I'm in the same position (same speakers). Not trying to pinch the posting but anyone know when the Denon 3311 will be available?

michael hoy

bigboss:Are you bothered about 3D or not? Monitor Audio speakers tends to be a little on the brighter side. So warmer amps like Yamaha & Denon should pair well. The minimum should be a Denon 3311 or equivalent.

Hi Big Boss,

At this point in time no, but I am not sure whether to go for a 3D capable amp just for the sake of it, and cover myself for when I replace my TV.

michael hoy: I think someone mentioned Pioneer amps to be bright.

Pioneer amps do tend to be a little on the brighter side.....but who knows? You may just like them!! Demo them & see what you think. But I would suggest going for atleast SC-LX73 or LX72.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
few weeks ago had a chance to hear by accident a pioneer 919 eith 5.1 infinity classia speakrs.heard these speakers before in stereo, and they are very brights speakers wich i dislike, but with the pioneer amp they sounded great with music.some metallica song sounded just GREAT.that was what made me aproach to see were that sound was coming from.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We ran ours in on the SCLX82, and they sounded amazing. Very detailed, forward sound, as movies should be. An SCLX72 would be almost as good, and also the DSPZ7. Any one of these would guarantee you a real, class system.

You needn't worry about getting a 3D one - if you pick up a 3D player with dual HDMI outputs, you don't need a 3D compatible receiver.

michael hoy:
Now I have my new MA Apex system in place, I need to replace my Denon 1909 for an amp more in line with the quality of these speakers.

Any suggestions, will of course demo a short list.

Hi michael hoy

The Apex's work superbly with Yamaha's DSP-Z7.
emotion-1.gif
This is a combination which can be listened to for hours without fatigue.The Apex speakers which i have sold are mostly being used with Yamaha AV amps. Ime Yamaha AV amps and Monitor Audio speakers make a great combination time after time.
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I think the 2020 would be good enough but i still think the LX72 is the minimum level for the apex and at £929 represents better value for money and sits above the 2020 in the food chain the LX52 also sits above the 2020 in the food chain. I wouldn't underestimate the value of air studio tuning either.

michael hoy

FrankHarveyHiFi:
Do you need or want 3D compatibility?

At this point in time no, but do not want to be in a position of changing my amp again in a year or so.

I am open to ideas and want to do justice to the Apex.

A

Anonymous

what about the upcoming marantz sr6005, looks miles ahead from sr6004...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy:FrankHarveyHiFi: Do you need or want 3D compatibility?

At this point in time no, but do not want to be in a position of changing my amp again in a year or so.

I am open to ideas and want to do justice to the Apex.

If you want the best resale value, get a 3D one, but having said that, values tend to drop fairlquickly on mostthings nowadays. If you go for a non 3D one, there will be none available in a years time, so you should be n a good position to sell on something like an SCLX72 - they're going for about £1k now, and the replacement will be £1400 (plus the extra VAT in Jan). Should be worth £700ish in a years time?

A

Anonymous

michael hoy:canada16:
Pioneer VSX-LX52 , for 589.00?

New and delivered

Would this be a bit on the bright side, I think someone mentioned Pioneer amps to be bright.

No, not the new range of Pioneer receiver's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts