Amp for Magnat Supreme Monitor 2002

xtmotoman

Dec 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi all!
I need an advice regarding choosing an amplifier for a pair of Magnat Supreme Monitor 2002.
I'm tight on budget, so in my list I have:

Yamaha A-S201
Onkyo A-9110
Aiwa AMU-120BT

Which of these three would you prefer? Or something from Pioneer (A-10 ?)

Or is it necessary to extend the budget for about 1/3 to something like Yamaha A-S301 or Onkyo A-9130 (which I want to avoid)?
I'm not an audiophile, I just want to power those speakers for casual listening.

Thank you for any advice!

Best regards,
Martin

Last edited:
Hi all!
I need an advice regarding choosing an amplifier for a pair of Magnat Supreme Monitor 2002.
I'm tight on budget, so in my list I have:

Yamaha A-S201
Onkyo A-9110
Aiwa AMU-120BT

Which of these three would you prefer? Or something from Pioneer (A-10 ?)

Or is it necessary to extend the budget for about 1/3 to something like Yamaha A-S301 or Onkyo A-9130 (which I want to avoid)?
I'm not an audiophile, I just want to power those speakers for casual listening.

Thank you for any advice!

Best regards,
Martin
Welcome to the forum Martin.
What is your budget as a matter of interest?
Why have you selected these amps and what are you going to be using as source?

xtmotoman

Dec 2, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Martin.
What is your budget as a matter of interest?
Why have you selected these amps and what are you going to be using as source?

Thank you for the reply. I would like to spend max. 300 €/ca 350 USD.
The reason I selected these amps is that I found them within my budget in local shops (here in Czech Republic).
The source would be a laptop, eventually mobile phone connected using the 3,5 mm - cinch cable.
I don't need any extra features like Bluetooth etc, since I'll connect the laptop.
The only concern is if these amps can drive those speakers? I asked in a local shop and they stated I can take the A-S201 without issues.
According to the Yamaha website, it can provide 2x140W (4 ohm, 1 kHz, 0,7% THD). But I noticed, that on the rear panel, there is "A/B: 8 Ohm min." The local salesman told me that this is no problem and this Yamaha can drive those Magnats easily. However, I don't know if he just wanted to sell me one.... So I decided to ask here.
I also asked directly Yamaha, but no response so far.

And searching for alternatives, I found the Onkyo and Aiwa which cost only little bit more.
The speakers will be in a 35m2 room, casual listening.

The Yamaha A-S301 or Onkyo A-9130 I found as more expensive alternatives in case the above mentioned amps are not adequate.

Thank you for any further advice!

Looking at the specification of those speakers any of the amps you mentioned should be able to drive those speakers, they are not a difficult load, the only issue I can see is the cable to connect your laptop, not sure which type you would need . If you can stretch your budget to the Yamaha 301 then this would be a good idea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts