Amp for Dynaudio Focus 110: Yamaha A-S1000 or Plinius 9100 or ... ?

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I recently bought a pair of Dynaudio Focus 110 speakers which i use in combination with my Yamaha A-S1000 amplifier and Vincent CD-S6 tube cd player. Although i am very happy with the sound, i suspect that the Yamaha is currently the weakest link in my setup. It drives the Focus 110 very good, but i also used the A-S1000 as power amp in combination with a Bryston BP-6 preamp and that was a clear step forward in all areas. Switching back to the Yamaha as integrated is certainly no disapointment but now i know that with the Focus 110 even better results are possible.[;)]

Now there is a used Plinius 9100 for sale in my neighbourhood for a good price and i am wondering if this would be an upgrade for my A-S1000? Plinius seems to match very well with Dynaudio according to a lot of people. Or are there better integrated solutions for a reasonable price?

ErwinC:
I recently bought a pair of Dynaudio Focus 110 speakers which i use in combination with my Yamaha A-S1000 amplifier and Vincent CD-S6 tube cd player. Although i am very happy with the sound, i suspect that the Yamaha is currently the weakest link in my setup. It drives the Focus 110 very good, but i also used the A-S1000 as power amp in combination with a Bryston BP-6 preamp and that was a clear step forward in all areas. Switching back to the Yamaha as integrated is certainly no disapointment but now i know that with the Focus 110 even better results are possible.
emotion-5.gif

Now there is a used Plinius 9100 for sale in my neighbourhood for a good price and i am wondering if this would be an upgrade for my A-S1000? Plinius seems to match very well with Dynaudio according to a lot of people. Or are there better integrated solutions for a reasonable price?

Hi ErwinC

Go for it
emotion-1.gif
The Plinius 9100 is an excellent amplifier and yes Plinius and Dynaudio is an excellent match. As i write this i've got the Plinius Hiato connected to Dynaudio's DM 2/6 speakers and this combination is sounding just stunning
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Is Bryston considered to be a good match with Dynaudio? I loved the neutral, detailed sound of Bryston when i heard it some time ago.

A

Anonymous

Hi I run a Bryston 9bst with my Dynaudio 70 connected via a Benchmark Dac and can comfirm they sound awesome!

TRENDING THREADS