davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
But buy something better if you can.

Dynaudio make good speakers but some of them only really come alive when driven well.

If you have not bought the speakers yet, consider the BM5a Active models with some sort of dac/preamp. Takes away all the matching issues and is a very refined, well developed system.

They can be bought for around £600-700 including Isoacoustic stands, seriously good.

davedotco said:

Dynaudio make good speakers but some of them only really come alive when driven well.

If you have not bought the speakers yet, consider the BM5a Active models with some sort of dac/preamp. Takes away all the matching issues and is a very refined, well developed system.

They can be bought for around £600-700 including Isoacoustic stands, seriously good.

could you please give me some examples of amp that would be better?

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Mmm, I would watch out. Everyone's views will vary, and rooms will vary, etc, but I was hugely underwhelmed when listening to it. £100 extra spent on the M20 seemed VERY well worth it. That review is suspect IMHO (as are pretty much all reviews!)

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
gasolin said:
Theres the new Marantz PM6006

Yeah, that's probably not a whole lot more competent than the 6005 considering the power output and power supplies.

At least the M10 is nominally 6ohms, rather than the traditional Dynaudio 4 ohms, (M20 is 4 ohms).

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Yoo'aab B. Eelaya said:
davedotco said:

could you please give me some examples of amp that would be better?

Entry level models from Creek, Rega, Exposure, Croft among others are all on a different level performance wise, if that is what is important to you.

The Dynaudio speakers you are considering will react very positively to more capable amplification, ie they will not be at their best with a budget amplifier.

gasolin

ID. said:
gasolin said:
Theres the new Marantz PM6006

Yeah, that's probably not a whole lot more competent than the 6005 considering the power output and power supplies.

At least the M10 is nominally 6ohms, rather than the traditional Dynaudio 4 ohms, (M20 is 4 ohms).

It might sound better, update Dynaudio Emit M10 sounds fine with the Marantz PM5005 using it with a computer (close to where you sit and listening o music) theres enough power for most people clear sound and a full bodied bottom, this combinations sounds surprisingly good compared to the marantz PM6005 and boston acoustis A25,A26

DrDeepakJ

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Hello, am new to this forum . just bought an emit m10. Paired it with a marantz pm5005 . sound is on the warmer side . could someone plz suggest an amp that suits best with this speaker . by the way I like music to be on the brighter side . thanx

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
DrDeepakJ said:
Hello, am new to this forum . just bought an emit m10. Paired it with a marantz pm5005 . sound is on the warmer side . could someone plz suggest an amp that suits best with this speaker . by the way I like music to be on the brighter side . thanx
the emits are not bright so I think you've bought the wrong Speaker but I will suggest the primare i22 or the rega elex-r for great pairing with the emits

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Yoo'aab B. Eelaya said:
Hello, will marantz PM6005 work with Dynaudio Emit M10 speakers?
hi it will run the dynaudio's but yes will sound alot better with a more capable amp.i would suggest the new rega or the Cyrus one at about£600 or the primare i22 at £1000

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
the emits are not bright so I think you've bought the wrong Speaker but I will suggest the primare i22 or the rega elex-r for great pairing with the emits

+1

Great advice....will transform the speakers.

DrDeepakJ

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
I'll admit that i hadnt auditioned them n it was an impulsive purchase but still in whathifi's review , its mentioned as 'detailed sound'. Which I didn't find that detailed to my liking . so my question is whether there will significant increase in detail by upgrading to a higher amp . also could u plz suggest amps a little cheaper than the ones u mentioned

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
DrDeepakJ said:
I'll admit that i hadnt auditioned them n it was an impulsive purchase but still in whathifi's review , its mentioned as 'detailed sound'. Which I didn't find that detailed to my liking . so my question is whether there will significant increase in detail by upgrading to a higher amp . also could u plz suggest amps a little cheaper than the ones u mentioned
what's your budget.you do have some great speakers with great detail.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Prop up the speakers so the tweeter is at your sitting position ear height.

Then tilt the speakers towards you until you are happy with the result.

DrDeepakJ

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
For some I guess I will have to live with these due to budget issues . for amp I can arrange around 400-500 pounds . how will the Cambridge cxa60 or the new rega brio be? I will look for the used ones

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
DrDeepakJ said:
For some I guess I will have to live with these due to budget issues . for amp I can arrange around 400-500 pounds . how will the Cambridge cxa60 or the new rega brio be? I will look for the used ones
both are great amps.I did suggest the new rega bio in a resent post but the Cambridge might be more of what you are looking for with a brighter presentation.take your speakers to Richer sounds and have a demo.i like the rega better but it's about what you like.or I have another suggestion try one of these in your old amp cleareraudio /copper-line-alpha-plus-power-cable at £80
It will push your amp to brightness as well giving better separation and much better all round sound.you get a 30 day money back guarantee and it could be a quick fix and save you money

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts