Amp for Celestion A1 Speakers

CityFox

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi

Looking to resurrect my hifi system but my amp has given up the ghost. Any recommendations to drive Celestion A1 Speakers (4 ohm) which I believe need quite a powerful amp to drive ?

Best Regards

CityFox said:
Hi

Looking to resurrect my hifi system but my amp has given up the ghost. Any recommendations to drive Celestion A1 Speakers (4 ohm) which I believe need quite a powerful amp to drive ?

Best Regards

Welcome to the forum.

Very nice speakers if I recall correctly, and efficient at 90dB, so will not require masses of power. I would suggest anything that can put 30 watts upwards into a 4 ohm load should be good enough to drive them to high volumes, this means most modern amps I guess.

So, it depends on your budget and input requirements really.

CityFox

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply,

Budget for the amp would be around the £1000 - £1500 mark.

Looking to use my existing CD player (Arcam Alpha 9) until funds allow replacing and then with an eye to adding a turntable also

Regards

CityFox said:
Thanks for the reply,

Budget for the amp would be around the £1000 - £1500 mark.

Looking to use my existing CD player (Arcam Alpha 9) until funds allow replacing and then with an eye to adding a turntable also

Regards

OK thanks.

Plenty of good amplifiers in that price range, just make sure they have an inbuilt phono stage for that turntable (as many don't these days) and find out what makes you can actually audition wherever you live. Try to audition as many as possible, people will suggest all sorts but it's not going to be much help to you if you cannot actually get to see audition them.

Are you in the UK? I you are then I might suggest the Arcam A29 or A39 might be a good place to start, as would Roksan K3 and Rega Elex R

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts