Amp for B&W 607

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Nice 👍At the moment I am thoroughly enjoying the power and performance of Parasound’s Halo JC5. John Curl certainly knows how to design an amplifier :)

jc5_high_angle_silver.jpg

jc5_interior.jpg

Squall Leonhart

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I think I like the fastroll off filter best. But still experimenting . I looked up about the filters and it seems fast roll off is the default and slow roll of gives a warmer sound by taming the high frequencies. Thing is I love the high frequencies of the 607 speakers so fast roll of is more to my liking

The build quality of this amp is great. Makes a satisfying clunk sound when switching on. Oled display looks nice and the controls feel nice to use. The build quality feels solid and the look of the amp in silver is very sleek.

Edit: more amps should have displays like this. Rega and Naim take note!

Last edited:

Squall Leonhart

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Bass is more detailed and less loose when compared to AS301. Also amp doesnt have a hiss sound the AS301 has when volume is up and is dead silence.

Listening to a live music blu ray the sound is more realistic and instruments are more separated.

So far it's all positive!

Reactions: rainsoothe
I think I like the fastroll off filter best. But still experimenting . I looked up about the filters and it seems fast roll off is the default and slow roll of gives a warmer sound by taming the high frequencies. Thing is I love the high frequencies of the 607 speakers so fast roll of is more to my liking

The build quality of this amp is great. Makes a satisfying clunk sound when switching on. Oled display looks nice and the controls feel nice to use. The build quality feels solid and the look of the amp in silver is very sleek.

Glad you’re liking the amp :cool:

Reactions: Squall Leonhart

gasolin

Im bringing some life back into the thread, since im having a pair of B&W 607 on it way, hoped for it to arrive yesterday, was not that lucky.

Not shure if i wil keep them and if my nad c316bee is good enough.

Rotel, RA 1062 could be an option but what is there else used for 200 euros or less that match the 607's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts