AMP for ATC SCM19, Rotel vs Musical Fidelity

Needurknowledge

Nov 27, 2021
Visit site
Hello guys,

wanted to ask for some advice which AMP you would choose for the ATC SCM19.
Basically I'm torn between:

Musical Fidelity M6si
Musical Fidelity M6-500i
Rotel RA-1592MKII

Budget is around 3k€ +/- ,
I know the ATC19 Speaker need alot of power so I ended up between these AMPs.
Roomsize is around 400 square feet.

Thanks alot!

Hello guys,

wanted to ask for some advice which AMP you would choose for the ATC SCM19.
Basically I'm torn between:

Musical Fidelity M6si
Musical Fidelity M6-500i
Rotel RA-1592MKII

Budget is around 3k€ +/- ,
I know the ATC19 Speaker need alot of power so I ended up between these AMPs.
Roomsize is around 400 square feet.

Thanks alot!
welcome to the forum.
they are all excellent amplifiers and, should they have all you need in the way of inputs, should drive the ATCs well.
You don't say what your sources are going to be I notice.
For any sort of money you are going to have to audition yourself really.
I would take the Rotel but that's just me.
In reality it will be the source and speakers that ultimately determine the sound of your system.

Reactions: Tinman1952
Welcome to the forum! Did you know that ATC make two integrated amplifiers? They share the same generous and transferable warranty as the speakers which is very rare in my experience.

The more affordable one is £2,500 here, but as your query is in Euros you’d have to check your price locally.

I auditioned my SCM40s on the bigger 150 model and it performed faultlessly. I especially liked the almost Art Deco style and the motorised volume control. I’d have bought one had my budget not already been exceeded with the speakers.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
For what its worth I heard the entry ATC SiA2-100 amp with the ATC SCM40 speakers, the speakers were singing to my ears. Also when I was listening to track called 'Money' from Dark Side of the Moon album (Pink Floyd) in the latter half of the track the music picks up in tempo and that increase of tempo was such a sudden palable experience (I never came across this experience before with the same track) that I began to wonder how would this ATC amp treat other well known tracks? The amp to my ears seemed to drive the speakers without any sign of problems and being ATC it most probably shared the same approach to delivery of sound as the ATC speakers which suited me fine.

Sliced Bread

Welcome to the forum! Did you know that ATC make two integrated amplifiers? They share the same generous and transferable warranty as the speakers which is very rare in my experience.

The more affordable one is £2,500 here, but as your query is in Euros you’d have to check your price locally.

I auditioned my SCM40s on the bigger 150 model and it performed faultlessly. I especially liked the almost Art Deco style and the motorised volume control. I’d have bought one had my budget not already been exceeded with the speakers.
I heard this same combination in a shop demo (it wasn’t for me it had been set up for someone else) and I was in love!!!!

Reactions: nopiano

Sliced Bread

For what its worth I heard the entry ATC SiA2-100 amp with the ATC SCM40 speakers, the speakers were singing to my ears. Also when I was listening to track called 'Money' from Dark Side of the Moon album (Pink Floyd) in the latter half of the track the music picks up in tempo and that increase of tempo was such a sudden palable experience (I never came across this experience before with the same track) that I began to wonder how would this ATC amp treat other well known tracks? The amp to my ears seemed to drive the speakers without any sign of problems and being ATC it most probably shared the same approach to delivery of sound as the ATC speakers which suited me fine.
I’ve literally just dropped a zillion quid on a new av receiver but I read things like this and then think back to that demo and it makes me want to pack it in for an all atc setup.
Such a natural sound…I love it

Reactions: nopiano
I’ve literally just dropped a zillion quid on a new av receiver but I read things like this and then think back to that demo and it makes me want to pack it in for an all atc setup.
Such a natural sound…I love it
Yes, we just use a Canton sound base for the telly, and the proper money goes on the stereo. I appreciate we all have different priorities though!

Reactions: Sliced Bread

Sliced Bread

can we keep this to answering the OPs question please.....
Me thinks you’re maybe over moderating. Thread hijacking can be a problem but chatting m around a subject is usually fine and the OP’s post regarding sources was also shut down despite being relevant to partnering amp suggestions for the speakers.
Forums should ultimately be enjoyable too or people won’t bother contributing

Reactions: radiorog
Me thinks you’re maybe over moderating. Thread hijacking can be a problem but chatting m around a subject is usually fine and the OP’s post regarding sources was also shut down despite being relevant to partnering amp suggestions for the speakers.
Forums should ultimately be enjoyable too or people won’t bother contributing
up to a point I would agree but then proceeding to mention surround sound moves it into a completely different field and A V receivers have nothing to do with this thread. I hope it can be left there.

Reactions: radiorog

Needurknowledge

Nov 27, 2021
Visit site
Hello guys,
thanks for the answers.

Its the ATC19 MK2 Version, will order it today.
Source is an denon dcd-1600ne sacd player player, will add turntable later, no streaming or digital.
roomsize: around 340 m².
I'm from europe, germany...

Need an beefy amp which can handle the sensitivities of the ATC19 speaker well.
Another question: are speaker stands 100% necessary ? Cause I don't have much free space at the moment.
Im an absolute hifi noob, sorry. but I love music, its my favorite hobby...(rock, pop,60s70, punk,alternative)...

Hello guys,
thanks for the answers.

Its the ATC19 MK2 Version, will order it today.
Source is an denon dcd-1600ne sacd player player, will add turntable later, no streaming or digital.
roomsize: around 340 m².
I'm from europe, germany...

Need an beefy amp which can handle the sensitivities of the ATC19 speaker well.
Another question: are speaker stands 100% necessary ? Cause I don't have much free space at the moment.
Im an absolute hifi noob, sorry. but I love music, its my favorite hobby...(rock, pop,60s70, punk,alternative)...
You are not going to get the best out of those expensive speakers without placing them correctly and that normally means on suitable stands. If this cannot be done within your budget perhaps floorstanding speakers should have been considered.
Where were you intending placing them?
Regardless of quality of the sources of you cannot place speakers to get the best out of them then you are simply wasting money.

Needurknowledge

Nov 27, 2021
Visit site
You are not going to get the best out of those expensive speakers without placing them correctly and that normally means on suitable stands. If this cannot be done within your budget perhaps floorstanding speakers should have been considered.
Where were you intending placing them?
Regardless of quality of the sources of you cannot place speakers to get the best out of them then you are simply wasting money.

its between my tv, so 65inches between the two speakers and 130inches between speakers and my sitting place.
They will be on ear level, height wise, if this makes matters better...
Also there will be room for them to "breath", so not close at the wall.

If anything fails I will buy stands ofcourse!!!

thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: nopiano and Al ears
its between my tv, so 65inches between the two speakers and 130inches between speakers and my sitting place.

thank you
thanks for reply. I think you will find that correct height will make a difference. Try various placements to see what is best for you.

Reactions: Needurknowledge

Tinman1952

thank you
If the speakers are on a piece of furniture like your TV and you have no room for stands then at least look at something like ISO Acoustics supports as they will definitely make a difference....👍

Yes, absolutely. If they’re on a piece of furniture the vibration will muddy the sound. Why not ask the advice of the dealer who is supplying them?
Are you crazy?! People don’t ask their dealers anything nowadays, they take a longer route of going on the Internet, joining a forum, and asking a bunch of strangers :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts