Amp but no speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi one and all. I've been thinking for a while now about buying a Denon 1911 and the B&W MT 25 package with the stands. Think is, I'm getting impatient and don't have the £1700 to blow on the full package right now. So, my question is if I biuy the Denon amp will I see a big difference if I wire up the speakers I have with my crappy Sony DAVSC% as a temporary stop-gap or am I better off waiting. Thoughts and opinions please!!

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Sorry, that was meant to read Sony DAV SC5! I've just worked out I need to turn off 'rich text' so I can see what I'm writing.

A

Anonymous

What's wrong with the amp? Had an audition and it was awesome - not sure the 2311 would be any better and the Onkyo award winner I haven't heard though I know the company has had reliability issues in the past.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the contributions so far....any opinions on the sound quality - If I just buy the amp as a temp stop-gap will I notice mcu difference using the rather poor Sony DAV SC5 speakers?

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure using the speakers off your DAV system would be a good idea, firstly they are 4ohms and the Denon will work better 6-8 ohms speakers. Secondly it looks like the sub is a passive type, powered from the head unit (i.e. It does not have it's own power lead) if this is the case it will not work with the Denon, you will have to buy a powered type.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts