Americana - Neil Young

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson said:
WinterRacer said:
Is Americana available in FLAC anywhere (uk based)?

My Top 5:

After the Gold Rush

Harvest Moon

Live at Massey Hall

Ragged Glory

Harvest

Yes, Americana is available to download in FLAC from Neil's official site for less than a tenner. I'm UK based too, btw.

And it's 24-bit/44.1kHz with minimal compression - sweeeeeet! :grin:

But, having much faffage with metadata |(

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
6th.replicant said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
WinterRacer said:
Is Americana available in FLAC anywhere (uk based)?

My Top 5:

After the Gold Rush

Harvest Moon

Live at Massey Hall

Ragged Glory

Harvest

Yes, Americana is available to download in FLAC from Neil's official site for less than a tenner. I'm UK based too, btw.

And it's 24-bit/44.1kHz with minimal compression - sweeeeeet! :grin:

But, having much faffage with metadata |(

Ditto faffage when I downloaded it. Great sounding though, as you note.

manicm

matthewpiano said:
Difficult one that Charlie but, as of today:

Harvest

After The Gold Rush

Zuma

American Stars 'N Bars

Comes A Time

Plenty of others that I love though and that is before his collaborations like the Stills-Young Band (love that album) and the CSNY stuff.

I'll put Freedom and Ragged Glory in there too.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Just finished listening to Americana not to bad I think ( hope) its a grower I have just started to listen to the very best of Roger Chapman and family and allready we are cooking on gas with shadow on the wall:rockout: :rockout: :) :)

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Just had my amazon dispatch date for the vinyl pushed back to 8th August - is this ever going to arrive on vinyl? Still haven't listened to it yet.

(If anyone remembers The Likely Lads and their England v Hungary football episode?....it's like that for me.)

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
On the Beach (always use it for dem's, I could eulogise for hours on this album !)
Tonight's the Night ( Alberqurque alone is amazing)
Weld ( must be played as loud as you can get away with )
Everybody know's this is Nowhere ( 3 classic Neil tunes on his second album and the Rest....)
Freedom ( the first NY album I got into )

I should have put after the goldrush instead of Freedom , I used to hate Neil Young on principal when I was younger, but as I got older and less musically bigoted I remember hearing Rocking in the free world and someone gave me the album, never looked back.

I have seen him on every uk tour except Greendale, I love taking people who had never seen him before and have them gushing afterwards for weeks usually.

A true force of musical nature, I always have a good listen to all his albums because even now you never know if he's gonna pull something ou the bag.

I will stop now.............

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson said:

Unless I am missing something, the download options have now gone form the Neil Young site. Or am I just being dim?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts