Amazon MP3 download vs CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey seen the best of zepplin remastered for 5.00 on cd but the MP3 is 3.00, would I expect the same quality?

Sorry never downloaded this stuff before, and been a long time since I bought a CD

Thanks

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Get the vinyl
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Trying to sell me more stuff ... LOL

Have not got a record player.

A

Anonymous

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_mp3land_recformat?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200389400

Looks like they encode at 256

Personally, I'd never pay Amazon for downloading MP3s when flac files are nearly always available elsewhere, usually for free (cough cough).

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
canada16:
Trying to sell me more stuff ... LOL

Have not got a record player.

Easily solved :)

I'd normally buy the CD unless the download is higher quality. I like to use some of my music at work, so prefer to own the original disc.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
maybe download one track - if you can as you can't always - and see what you think. Technically it will not be the same quality of course, but maybe you'd be happy with teh MP3. I can foresee a day when i get pretty much all my music that way.

A

Anonymous

Well that site wants 7.00 for this on mp3 and amazon want 3.00.

So not sure which site has the bl*ody nerve... LOL

manicm

canada16:

Well that site wants 7.00 for this on mp3 and amazon want 3.00.

So not sure which site has the bl*ody nerve... LOL

It's all a rip off - but you'd be happy with 256k ? The moral of your story is get the CD.

Some (320k) MP3s I've bought sound absolutely superb - Interpol's latest, the Rocket single from Goldfrapp. But I downloaded the 320k remastered David Bowie Station To Station and it sounded flat to me. So I've ordered the previous remaster of the album on CD dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts