Amazon Echo

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have become a convert to Alexa. I have been playing with a gen 2 Echo since Christmas, and it works surprisingly well. I use it to control my Sonos system - the integration is pretty good, although you have to be careful about sentence construction if you want to work 100%. I haven't needed to touch a Sonos control app for a couple of weeks now. Something like 'Alexa play radio 2 from tunein on conservatory' or 'Alexa play Eric Clapton from spotify on office" works fine.

Sound quality using the Echo 2 as a stand alone wireless speaker isn't bad either. My kids use them for streaming music in their bedrooms. For £89 it is worth buying just to experiment with. It will be interesting to see how Apple get on with their equivalent, and how Sonos' attempts to integrate Alexa into their products pays off.

Anyone using one with their system?

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
andyjm said:
I have become a convert to Alexa. I have been playing with a gen 2 Echo since Christmas, and it works surprisingly well. I use it to control my Sonos system - the integration is pretty good, although you have to be careful about sentence construction if you want to work 100%. I haven't needed to touch a Sonos control app for a couple of weeks now. Something like 'Alexa play radio 2 from tunein on conservatory' or 'Alexa play Eric Clapton from spotify on office" works fine.

Sound quality using the Echo 2 as a stand alone wireless speaker isn't bad either. My kids use them for streaming music in their bedrooms. For £89 it is worth buying just to experiment with. It will be interesting to see how Apple get on with their equivalent, and how Sonos' attempts to integrate Alexa into their products pays off.

Anyone using one with their system?

Not in my main system, just stand alone and we love it.

Even plays your Audible books to you.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
it links to my harmony remote so i can turn on the TV or change channel using the talents in the alexa app. if heading out i can just tell it to "turn off TV" then "play radio 2" for my dog. I'm probably not getting the most out of it but it is convenient and i'd consider getting more. Even with the dot's small speaker it's listenable

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts