Amazon cube streaming music

DaveO55

Apr 5, 2023
Visit site
Decided i want to use an old Rotel 820 BX I have picked up for peanuts.(after this month's review) but before i go down the streamer and or DAC route for music, i was wondering if used my Amazon Cube which is streaming to my Denon AVR2200 in HD via HDMI, that i could use the pre out for Zone 2 on the amp and send this RCA signal to an input on the Rotel as a stop gap while i save up for a decent streamer. Will it be HD from my Denon ? Will it even work? I have an echo dot connected to the Rotel and sounds not bad in my opinion but just chasing HD while I'm paying for it.
Lot of question, hope you experts can help. Ps looking at the Wiim mini very closely :) Dave UK

Gray

Will it be HD from my Denon ? Will it even work?
Why not give it a try Dave?
As the Cube connects to your Denon by HDMI, then ultimately the DAC in the Denon is doing the conversion to analogue.
If you can route the audio to zone 2 outputs, you'll just be passing analogue to the Rotel.

So it will come down to a case of which is the best sounding amplification for your speakers, Denon AVR or Rotel 2 channel amp.....you can decide.

Reactions: WayneKerr

DaveO55

Apr 5, 2023
Visit site
Will keep you posted , just awaiting some RCA leads but i can tell you the echo dot straight to my amp in CD quality is knocking socks off the Denon AV2200 amp already. My speakers are sounding totally different, more of everything. It really goes to show after 7 years of leaving HiFi separates and going the AV amp route it does lead you astray. Being back into chasing the ace on my budget and the new equipment available has wet my appetite again.

DaveO55

Apr 5, 2023
Visit site
Ok update, Poverty model Denon's like mine apparently don't pre-out to zone2 on HDMI inputs, only Bluetooth or analogue inputs can be transferred to zone 2 pre-out.
Oh well i await my Wiim :) from Amazon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts