Am I the youngest vinyl lover? How old are you?!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

mickeyjoef

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm not young anymore, but was brought up on vinyl, and it's still my format of choice. I wrote a blog post all about the joys of LPs last year.....

http://michaelfoley.webs.com/apps/blog/show/17496032-why-we-need-vinyl-

:)

A

Anonymous

mickeyjoef said:
I'm not young anymore, but was brought up on vinyl, and it's still my format of choice. I wrote a blog post all about the joys of LPs last year.....

Nice read

Jake12988

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Stuartyboy79 said:
Jake,

Im 34 and have always wanted my own turntable and hifi setup. Always appreciated hifi from a very young age and made myself a promise that when I had my house and it was looking nice that I would invest in the sort of gear I have now. Like you Im fascinated with vinyl and amongst todays mp3 world of skipping a track after 10 secs malarky I like nothing better than to sit down now put on a record and listen to it in its entireity! Probably a lot of nostalgia and child hood memories feeds into it I guess but Im enjoying the music!

Stu

hi stu, very similar to myself, absolutely love it, and have a weird sense of 'protection' over hifi, like I'm supposed to defend it, it's almost like a relationship with hifi and music. I just don't think my generation can understand it....

Jake12988

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
mickeyjoef said:

enjoyed that read

Fandango Andy

I was just thinking today at the age of 24, I must be in the minority at this age group who really appreciate music, more specifically turntables and vinyl records.

i say this because all my peers are shocked at my 'obscene' obsession with hifi, my fiancée (bless her) thinks there's no difference between a cheap CD player/speakers compared to a 'proper' hifi...

all my mates are in the same boat! They just don't understand, or are totally deaf...

how can they not love this hifi turntable experience! Out of all if my mates I'm the only one that will sit and just enjoy music for music rather than background noise.

they say there's a resurgence in vinyl in the younger generation, are there any on this forum? Speak up if so and share your experience, even if your older, I'd love to know what people/family think of your hifi 'obsession'

This old post just appeared at the bottom of my screen. I can see Jake hasn't posted for several years, are you still out there? Maybe you will get an alert for this belated response???

So, over a decade has passed, the vinyl revival you mentioned is in full swing, teenager's are buying records, and to quote Bruce Springsteen "maybe we ain't that young anymore".

Were you ever cured of your "obscene obsession"?

daveh75

This old post just appeared at the bottom of my screen. I can see Jake hasn't posted for several years, are you still out there? Maybe you will get an alert for this belated response???

So, over a decade has passed, the vinyl revival you mentioned is in full swing, teenager's are buying records, and to quote Bruce Springsteen "maybe we ain't that young anymore".

Were you ever cured of your "obscene obsession"?

Given this thread is over a decade old, and in that time WHFS&V has changed hands and the forum closed and resurrected as a result, the chances of a response are remote at best.

Thread necromancy is also considered poor "netiquette".

Many platforms explicitly ban it.

Reactions: DougK1 and Al ears

Winter

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
I was just thinking today at the age of 24, I must be in the minority at this age group who really appreciate music, more specifically turntables and vinyl records.

i say this because all my peers are shocked at my 'obscene' obsession with hifi, my fiancée (bless her) thinks there's no difference between a cheap CD player/speakers compared to a 'proper' hifi...

all my mates are in the same boat! They just don't understand, or are totally deaf...

how can they not love this hifi turntable experience! Out of all if my mates I'm the only one that will sit and just enjoy music for music rather than background noise.

they say there's a resurgence in vinyl in the younger generation, are there any on this forum? Speak up if so and share your experience, even if your older, I'd love to know what people/family think of your hifi 'obsession'
Hi fella ! Good on ya have a great journey wish I got your ears ! 67 years young ha !

TRENDING THREADS