Am I doing something wrong with my meze 109 pro?

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
I am a hifi-noob who has never owned something better than the bose quiet comfort 35 until I ordered the meze 109 pros last week. This seemed like a good headset after the reviews I watched online.

I got myself a Tidle subscription and a Fioo K5 DAC/Amp combo thinking this would be a mind-blowing experience. I have used the headset for about 70 hours now. It was a good headset, dont get me wrong. But the difference is not too big from my qc 35. Some people may be really mad at me for saying this, but to me, the sound difference is not nearly worth the price difference. Another thing I dont like about the headset is its loose fit. I usually bend my head downwards when reading books at my desk and the headset starts falling off when doing this.

Therefore I am considering returning the headset and all the audio equipment. But I wanted to check if I might be doing something wrong with the headset and maybe not unlocking its full potential. Or maybe it's just not that much better than the qc 35s? What do you think?

Gray

maybe it's just not that much better than the qc 35s?
That seems quite likely to me.
Not that I've heard either of them, but you wouldn't be the first to be underwhelmed by an 'upgrade'.

Its not unusual for some headphones to slip when you tilt your head.
You don't want them too clampy - but I would just try pushing them toward your head while listening to see if the sound improves - positioning / clamp force can be critical with some models.

If your head's too small for adequate clamp force, not much you can do about that.

You're probably quite used to your old sound - sometimes things can be better, but it takes a while to appreciate the fact (an effect that others say is a result of 'burn-in').

If the sound is really not for you, no amount of 'burn-in' is going to help.....

Reactions: WayneKerr

Thenow

Mar 1, 2023
Visit site
geometry dash lite
I am a hifi-noob who has never owned something better than the bose quiet comfort 35 until I ordered the meze 109 pros last week. This seemed like a good headset after the reviews I watched online.

I got myself a Tidle subscription and a Fioo K5 DAC/Amp combo thinking this would be a mind-blowing experience. I have used the headset for about 70 hours now. It was a good headset, dont get me wrong. But the difference is not too big from my qc 35. Some people may be really mad at me for saying this, but to me, the sound difference is not nearly worth the price difference. Another thing I dont like about the headset is its loose fit. I usually bend my head downwards when reading books at my desk and the headset starts falling off when doing this.

Therefore I am considering returning the headset and all the audio equipment. But I wanted to check if I might be doing something wrong with the headset and maybe not unlocking its full potential. Or maybe it's just not that much better than the qc 35s? What do you think?
It's possible that you may not have fully unlocked the potential of your Meze 109 pros, but it's also possible that the difference in sound quality between the Meze 109 pros and the Bose Quiet Comfort 35 is not significant enough to justify the price difference for you. Additionally, the loose fit of the Meze 109 pros may also impact your overall experience and enjoyment of the headphones.

Friesiansam

You are driving a nice pair of good quality headphones, with a very modest DAC/headphone amp, that is just not good enough to do them justice. In my opinion, you are going to need a much better DAC/headphone amp, to really hear what the Mezes can do.

Friesiansam

I tried the Meze 109 Pro at the Bristol Show with 3 different amplifiers and was somewhat underwhelmed.

It was on my shopping list.
Maybe not so good as I thought they might be then, although not thinking of changing my Focals.

Doesn't matter what we say here though, the OP hasn't bothered to come back and look for replies, since soon after Gray replied...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts