Am I asking a fair price.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
As some may know I recently changed my speakers. A friend of mine really wants to buy my B&W CM7s. They are immaculate and still have some warranty. I've quoted him £400 which he is happy to pay. I think I could get more on eBay but I'm quite happy to sell at this to a friend.

Also he'd like to update his system and has a strict budget of £1000. So £400 for the speaker and £224 for a Sonos ZP90. He'll keep his CDP as the Sonos will be main source. I've asked before but max budget for an amp would now be around £300. I'm wondering a good 2nd hand amp like Marantz PM7001 or Creek Evo 1, or go for a Yamaha RXV667 to take advantage of the optical input and although at the moment he's happy just having 2 channel from the TV, it would give option in future to add a centre speaker for BD.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I like to think it's a fair deal.

Thing is although there's a budget. I'd like to get an amp that does the speakers some justice. Any thoughts on my OP ?

A

Anonymous

I think the Yamaha 667 is a great idea. I assume you tried the B&Ws on your AV amp, and I assume they sang very nicely? Seems to me there is a lot more value in the AV market than the stereo only Hi-Fi market.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts