Am i allowed to do this?

Put a post up that tells people i have an item on for example, the bay??
Sorry if this is a stupid question
No questions are stupid, only some of the answers :)
However, I would say no.
This forum does not have a classified ads section and I guess, although it is not clearly stated in the new rules, it would fall under "Don’t use our forums as a tool to promote your own personal products or services."

D

Deleted member 160668

I did not realise this... On a previous thread, quite some time ago, I added a 'shameless plug' into a comment of someone looking at buying an Arcam amp for my old A29 when I upgraded to the A39, mentioning that members could have PM'd me and I would have pointed them to my ebay ad... As it happens it sold super-quick on ebay anyway with no help required from this, or any other forum. So on this point "guilty as charged" sorry about that.

However, as a comment (which I am sure has been said before), it really would be good to have a classifieds section. I've bought and sold loads of kit via forums (not this one obvs) and have found the classifieds of forums very fruitful.

I did not realise this... On a previous thread, quite some time ago, I added a 'shameless plug' into a comment of someone looking at buying an Arcam amp for my old A29 when I upgraded to the A39, mentioning that members could have PM'd me and I would have pointed them to my ebay ad... As it happens it sold super-quick on ebay anyway with no help required from this, or any other forum. So on this point "guilty as charged" sorry about that.

However, as a comment (which I am sure has been said before), it really would be good to have a classifieds section. I've bought and sold loads of kit via forums (not this one obvs) and have found the classifieds of forums very fruitful.
I think that's just the point there are plenty of other forums and hifi for sale websites, why the need for another one? You're more likely to find what you are looking for on eBay.

D

Deleted member 188533

I've mentioned a Classified section a few times to the overlords but it hasn't happened yet. It's possible it might happen in a few months though. Until then no outright sales posts please but I have no problems at all with a long time user 'mentioning' they might have something on ebay 'if people wanted to go look'. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts