Alternatives to Bel canto m300i

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Ok, im very close to buying a pair of bel canto m300 monoblocks. If any one has any suggestions of anything else i should try or any reasons why i should be worried about them being class D amps please let me know. I have already auditioned the following and still choose the bel canto.... Primare intergrated (1500 pound model cant remember the name) Cyrus x power musical fidelity a5 and a Yamaha 1500 pound model which looks horrendosly ugly (theyve gone for the retro look with brown wood on the amp!) So any other suggestions around 1500 (no more ) i definatly should try give me a shout. Cheers for the help!

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Just to throw another equation into the mix...
I have just read somewhere that the S300 amp is EXACTLY the same as 2 M300 monos in terms of performance???
Is this true?? Ive only demoed the monos as the delears state that the monos are better with a greater soundstage and they fitted my budget. But i read this new opinion on the net and i am concerned the dealer is just trying to make me buy the more expensive option . If they are the same why would anyone in their right minds ever buy two monos over a cheaper stereo amp??? Can anyone help before i get ripped off? Maybe Thaiman?

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
OH one last thing Dear WHAT HIFI team...
How come no reviews on any bel canto stuff? Id love to have your opinon on them?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="SHAXOS"]Can anyone help before i get ripped off? Maybe Thaiman?[/quote]

If you feel like you are going to get ripped off (even a slight feeling) walk away mate, you will always wonder "if only"

been there, done that....me.

A

Anonymous

I have a pair of e.One REF1000 monos... absolutely no regrets here.

A

Anonymous

Nothing wrong with class D amps, there are various kinds of class D, such as Tripath (RIP) B&O ICE, Ucd, MCD, etc, some people love the sound, as it's transparent, with very good bass control. Look at the measurements of the two amplifiers and see if they are the same, then listen to which you prefer, you can put dual mono into a amplifier instead of two separate mono blocks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts