Alternative to Denon CEOL Piccolo

kinard

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi Folks, my first post here, so please be gentle :)

I've been contemplating the Denon CEOL Piccolo as my first foray into networked hi-fi. It's great looking unit, but is missing one key (for me) feature: DAB

Although it has Interent Radio - so I could listen to stations through that - I don't have a reliable or always available interent connection, so it's not a reliable solution. I do have a reliable internal network, so accessing NAS etc isn't going to be an issue. I guess I could always get a seperate DAB reciever (or use my current portable one) and run it throught the Denon, but I was hoping to get something all in one.

The Marantz M-CR603 appears to be a viable alternative - it's a similar unit, in the same price bracket, and has DAB. However, there doesn't appear to be an Android control app for the Marantz - something the Denon does have. The Maranz control app appears to be iOS only, and I don't have an iPod or iPhone (or iAnything!). A control app is another key feature for me.

Can anyone suggest any suitable alternatives ? I'm tempted to go the Denon route, and then sort out a seperate DAB unit, but if there's an all in one solution available, then that would be better.

Cheers in advance

K

(Had some problems formatting or adding links to this post, so apologies for the plain text)

kinard

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response, sorry I should have qualified the above - Marantz do have a control app on Android, but it doesn't seem to support the M-CR603. There seems to be a few negative comments about the app not supporting more models on the app's store page.

Other suggestions I've seen include the 3rd party AVR-Remote, but support for the MCR603 is "experimental"

Thanks for the response though, much appreciated !

Cheers

K

(Hmm, it seems I can now add links. Very weird)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts