Alternative setup to PIONEER

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I was looking for following set: KRP-500M + SC-LX81 + BDP-LX71

The thing is it is impossible to get this of the shelf right now.

Can you please propose alternative setup in terms of quality and price.

Many thanks !!!

A

Anonymous

get the lx71 amp mate unless your running a screen as well as a tv

A

Anonymous

nokz:get the lx71 amp mate unless your running a screen as well as a tv

Thanks nokz

I decided to go for SX-LX81 due to ability to serve projector at the same time / option for the future.

SC-LX71 equally hard to get hands on.

In regards of speakers I have decided on B&W 684 Theatre without sub.

I'd prefer to for Monolith DF - what do you think?

Screen will go onto the wall and 50" is max what I can fit.

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
We'd suggest either sticking with the 'LX81 or going for the Sony STR-DA5400ES (circa £1500). Both pip the 'LX71 for sound. For a Blu-ray player, the Pioneer BDP-LX71 or '51FD are your best bet, but they're in pretty short supply. We're in the process of reviewing the Panasonic DMP-BD80 (£350) or there's always the Sony BDP-S5000ES (£1000) or the Denon transport - DVD-2500BT (£800)

For a screen, the Pioneer is still the screen to get if you can find one, but it's worth also looking at Samsung's new ranges of LCD TVs and plasma TVs together with Sony's 'Z' series.

A

Anonymous

Andy Madden:
We'd suggest either sticking with the 'LX81 or going for the Sony STR-DA5400ES (circa £1500). Both pip the 'LX71 for sound. For a Blu-ray player, the Pioneer BDP-LX71 or '51FD are your best bet, but they're in pretty short supply. We're in the process of reviewing the Panasonic DMP-BD80 (£350) or there's always the Sony BDP-S5000ES (£1000) or the Denon transport - DVD-2500BT (£800)

For a screen, the Pioneer is still the screen to get if you can find one, but it's worth also looking at Samsung's new ranges of LCD TVs and plasma TVs together with Sony's 'Z' series.

Thanks Andy,

I would love to stick with one brand.

Componentss from one manufacturer seems to work beter together - that is my personal view.

What 50" (46"-52") screen would you suggest to pair with Sony STR-DA5400ES & BDP-S5000ES duo?

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
psawczuk:
Thanks Andy,

I would love to stick with one brand.

Componentss from one manufacturer seems to work beter together - that is my personal view.

What 50" (46"-52") screen would you suggest to pair with Sony STR-DA5400ES & BDP-S5000ES duo?

No problem. It isn't always the case that one make systems work the best, but this Sony pairing does perform extremely well.

With TVs, there are new Samsung models coming out - we've already seen the 40in version of its 7 Series LCD screens (UE40B7020) It's a great TV, and we're hoping to review the bigger sizes (and new plasma ranges) as they become available. We gave five stars to the 46in Sony KDL-46Z4500 and there is a 52in version available although we haven't tested it as yet and they may be replaced by a Z5500 series in a couple of months.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I would also consider the Pioneer PDP LX5090 at around £1899 the amp and bluray-player should cost you around £2000. This may depend on what speakers your using, but should fair well with most. I would try and get the tv as soon as possible, im sure stock will appear for the other two. Tv is discontinued, but as for amp expect strong competion from the new Onkyo's and Yamaha's.

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
pioneer7:Hi AndyI know it is off topic but seeing you mentioned it do you have any further details/model numbers for samsungs new plasma range.Many thanksAndy

We did a couple of stories earlier in the year:

http://whathifi.com/News/CES-2009-Samsung-reveals-its-2009-product-plans/

More detail here:

http://whathifi.com/News/Samsungs-2009-range-the-full-line-up-revealed/

I'll see if i can track down pricing and model numbers...

A

Anonymous

yes the 81 pips the 71 by the post but not enough to justify the price on that alone ? and the 5090 pioneer tv is the best by far

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts