Alternative Coaxial Cable to Chord Prodac

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was interested in buying a Chord Prodac Pro Digital coaxial cable but have a MAJOR problem with Chord's sales policies. I could buy this cable from hificables.co.uk for GBP 58.50 but they wont ship outside the UK due to Chord's policies. This would be all well and good if the Australian distributors weren't absolutely ripping off local customers. The exact same product here is A$285 or GBP 169. I'm sorry but there is NO respectable explanation for this. None at all. So, can anyone suggest something similar from either QED or Van Den Hul?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
You could try www.audioaffair.co.uk

Although they probably aren't allowed to, they will ship overseas.

Although there is a fairly long thread on these forums where there are a number of complaints about customer service because of difficulties getting an answer or not being kept informed of actual availability and shipping dates that may differ from the sometimes somewhat optimistic information on their website. Still, they seem to be making an effort and your goods will get to you, so it might be worth checking them out.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Damien Buckley:I was interested in buying a Chord Prodac Pro Digital coaxial cable but have a MAJOR problem with Chord's sales policies.

I could buy this cable from hificables.co.uk for GBP 58.50 but they wont ship outside the UK due to Chord's policies.

This would be all well and good if the Australian distributors weren't absolutely ripping off local customers. The exact same product here is A$285 or GBP 169. I'm sorry but there is NO respectable explanation for this. None at all.

So, can anyone suggest something similar from either QED or Van Den Hul?

Your best bet is eBay. I recently sold my Clearer Audio Silver coaxial and bought an Atlas Opus brand new.

A

Anonymous

Thanks. So didn't you rate the CA Silver or was the Atlas Opus just an upgrade? The Silverline is sporting a lot of awards.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Damien Buckley:Thanks. So didn't you rate the CA Silver or was the Atlas Opus just an upgrade? The Silverline is sporting a lot of awards.

No, the Silver was brilliant but I was trying to generate money for my new amp. Sold it for £150 as I saw the Opus was on sale. I think I paid just £50 for it.

A

Anonymous

OK, thanks - I like the service over at Clearer Audio so I may go with that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts