Almost there... which amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

RX6 / Arcam rDAC / Sonos connect, already ordered and on their way.

The question now is, which amp?

My shortlist is Roksan Kandy (125w) or Marantz PM KI Lite (70w). - on one hand, I've read mixed comments about Roksan's K ability to partner the RX6, on the other hand, I'm not sure if 70W of the Marantz Lite are enough to really drive the RX6 speakers?

All your insights are highly appreciated!!

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi Nick, while I haven't heard the Kandy I have heard the Pearl Lite....its a brilliant amp built like a tank. I can assure you it will not have trouble driving ur rx6s. Well the Kandy is raved about on this and other forums a lot, the trouble with partnering with the rx6 is that the fairly neutral Kandy might push it into brightness. Take my comment on the Kandy with a grain of salt, I'm just going by reviews and what I've read on the forums. I must say I've heard the rx6, crackling speakers but they can be pushed into brightness....my dealer used them with several tube amps with great effect.

If you are eagger on the Pearl and rx6 combo I think you should go for it, they have sound signatures which will complement each other. As for the Kandy, I think there are other forum members who have greater insight on it.

Hope this helps,

Shafin

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
IME Marantz are very honest with their wpc. I had a 50 wpc which didn't struggle at all with RS6s.

Some ratings from other manufacturers can be taken with a pinch of salt.

A

Anonymous

Shafesk /Richard, thanks a lot for your advice!

I've been reading about RX6 paired with Roksan Kandy and it is certainly a dividing matter in this forum. It is a shame that two fine components as the Kandy and the RX6's are not always a great combination. Furthermore, if the combination is going to be in the bright side I'm afraid that may be a problem with the acoustics of my room which is fairly modern (i.e. laminated floor, lots of windows, open space, etc.) and to top it off.... IMO, the Kandy is ugly!

With regard to the Marantz Pearl Lite, given the acoustics of my room, I like the idea of the bass and treble controls, I recognise it's not not the purest idea from the audiophile perspective but may become handy. The question here is if the Marantz Lite can handle the RX6. The RX with a nominal impedance of 6ohms and a power handling of 125W - the Marantz have in 8/4ohms delivers 70/100W only. Marantz is defenitely better looking.

Comments and view all welcome!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts