All Things Must Pass 50th

manicm

The mainstream rags are fawning all over it, meanwhile Youtubers are giving it a mixed reception.

So what's the deal, anyone here bought it yet? I haven't heard the album yet but intend to get the 50th, or should I get the original mix?

The mainstream rags are fawning all over it, meanwhile Youtubers are giving it a mixed reception.

So what's the deal, anyone here bought it yet? I haven't heard the album yet but intend to get the 50th, or should I get the original mix?
Not got it but think much will depend on which version of the many packages available that they are referring to.

Oxfordian

It’s on my list of wants sent to my darling family for my birthday next week.

Having not owned a copy before I have nothing to compare it too so I should get a good listen, if the family takes the hint.

Reactions: manicm

manicm

Not got it but think much will depend on which version of the many packages available that they are referring to.

It seems you’re not aware of the recently released 50th anniversary sets - I refer to only these:

The reviews I’m talking about refer specifically to all the 50th anniversary packages basically- all of them consist of the new REMIX by son Dhani and engineer. The original mix is not available on any of the 50th editions - whether you fork out 800 quid for the hyper deluxe set, or the basic 2cd.

I’m just curious to know if any members here own any of the previous copies, and what their thoughts are on the new mix 😊

Last edited:

manicm

It’s on my list of wants sent to my darling family for my birthday next week.

Having not owned a copy before I have nothing to compare it too so I should get a good listen, if the family takes the hint.

There’s also a very decent new Genesis 2cd compilation out next month! Unsurprisingly no Supper’s Ready, but it has a decent selection of the Gabriel era - just make sure to get the UK edition!!!! The US version will have a different and inferior track list imho.

I am very wary of the latest development in releasing albums as a deluxe or superdeluxe edition of anything. I did look at Deja Vu by CSN&Y but didn't think the outlay worth it. I would be interested in the album itself but would not pay for all the other outtakes etc that to me are useless.

Reactions: Tinman1952

Friesiansam

There’s also a very decent new Genesis 2cd compilation out next month! Unsurprisingly no Supper’s Ready, but it has a decent selection of the Gabriel era - just make sure to get the UK edition!!!! The US version will have a different and inferior track list imho.
Don't really see the point, I already have all the Gabriel era albums.

manicm

I am very wary of the latest development in releasing albums as a deluxe or superdeluxe edition of anything. I did look at Deja Vu by CSN&Y but didn't think the outlay worth it. I would be interested in the album itself but would not pay for all the other outtakes etc that to me are useless.

As I said it starts off with a 2cd set. My discussion here does not concern the outtakes etc, but the album itself . I repeat and emphasise again - the 50th anniversary edition, no matter which one you choose, is a new remix of the original album. And the original mix is not available on any of these 50th anniversary editions.

As I said it starts off with a 2cd set. My discussion here does not concern the outtakes etc, but the album itself . I repeat and emphasise again - the 50th anniversary edition, no matter which one you choose, is a new remix of the original album. And the original mix is not available on any of these 50th anniversary editions.
A big mistake by the production team in my opinion

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts