All in 1 Blu Ray Home Cinema : Panasonic SC-BT100...or panasonic BD55 & av SA-BX500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Asked a question earlier re all in ones and uncluttered options (link & text below)

Wondering if people have experience of all in one panasonic bt100 and if it good......or to go for separate player (bd55) av(bx500) and speakers

Re the bt100 I would need to link V+ box, blu ray, tv, and x box to it

Thanks in advance

http://whathifi.com/forums/t/191969.aspx

Hi

Just in process of redecorating living room and using it as a good excuse with wife to go flat screen. Will be hiding cables through plastering and false wall so she agreed to this!

I currently have (or will have)

1) Panasonic Tx37 -LZD800 as good speakers apparently on tv

2) Virgin media - V+ type recordable box

3) X Box 360

4) a 5m wide by 6m living room will telly in the corner.......and I have forward planned by plastering speaker cable into my rear left and right wall areas

I am looking for advice as I want to get a blu ray dvd player and some sort of home cinema system that my blu ray, tv, virgin box and x box will all want to connect to. Ideally I am looking for a solution for minimum of hassle as I wont profess to be an expert here and will rarely use the surround system except for movies, footy, occasional gaming. Was tempted by a blu ray home theatre all in one system but so few on the market. (Rationale for this was driven by less boxes and only need 5.1)

Would appreciate advice on best blu ray and surround system options that would allow my pre-planned cable to be used and allow for connection of all devices. Budget is £700.

Do I go down a separate blu ray ( Panasonic BD55 with viera link to telly?) and surround system, or is there an all in one option

The other main query I have is driven by how I connect all these elements to any amp or all in one.....ensuring I use my cable now in place and dont need to rip holes in the wall again

Welcome any advice and please keep it simple (as I wont feel patronised)

Thanks in advance

Gavin C

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I'm vaguely considering the panasonic bt100. Its just I do'nt really know the specs of that BDP, and the new ones will be out very soon. Be nice if you could get those speakers separately, but I do'nt think you can.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We really weren't impressed by the Panasonic SC-BT100 - as you can read in our review here, we feel the picture is great, but speakers are very poor indeed.

I'd hang fire on any one-box Blu-ray system purchase for another month or so, as there were loads of lovely looking set-ups launched at CES last month, and the vast majority are Profile 2.0 specification and (on paper, at least) offer more for the money.

We'll be testing Blu-ray systems from LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and more as soon as we can get our hands on them - full update and hopefully some exclusive tests in our special Blu-ray supplement in the April issue (out first week in March).

(PS The standalone Panasonic BD55 Blu-ray player was our Product of the year player, so we love that. Not so keen on Panasonic receivers, though - you can buy far better from Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon and Sony).

A

Anonymous

Think I'll be holding fire on raiding the piggy bank til the first week in March...and standing in line at my local WHS

Thanks for the feedback

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Gavin C:

Think I'll be holding fire on raiding the piggy bank til the first week in March...and standing in line at my local WHS

Thanks for the feedback

yeah me too. dont hold out much hope for the panny bdp/cinema packages on past experience, but i dont need amazing sound just better...

might wait and see how the new panny bdps rate and then choose the speakers, which, as i said, i think would rule out panny speakers as i dont think you can get them separately* (dunno if they do separate 5.1 packages, but im not after 5.1 anyway).

* and my problem with packages such as the SC-BT100 is they dont seem to make the spec of the bdp clear enough, according to the (very few) sites on which ive read the spec of that package).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts