Alienrik / idc (TM3 powerkord update review)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I do believe that the said above cable has now fully burned in.

Put transformers bluray on the other night & the first thing that became "very obvious" was the bass extension, it sounded like somebody had turned up the levels on my subs without me knowing to the point were i did actually check, im also contemplating having to maybe turn them down abit.

All i can say is the sub bass is incredible now, it's wonderfully accurate, very well placed & adds so much more presence to the soundtrack, also the overall soundstage is so much more realistic & much more open with details that are so refined, it's a brilliant transformation.

I tried other movies aswell with the same results as above, how anyone can say they dont make a difference & that cable burn in is a myth ill never know?

So like you say Rik, its a top cable mate.

Thanks for the recommendation.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Glad your happy Jase
emotion-2.gif

Silver as ive said before does take ages to 'come alive'. Id happily test anyone with it (using a completely 'unused' silver cable to begin with)

Personally id say it will still get better yet , albeit not as big a jump.

Do you think youll be retesting against your mates Russ Andrews? Im very interested in the results of that to be honest

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Yes very happy mate..

To be honest Rik my initial thoughts compared to the RA are very close to call at this early stage but i will be doing an a/b comparison asap to be absolute sure. And you say it could still get better yet? Thats a scary thought Rik, ha

But boy does it make a difference? And its a VERY noticable one at that so how some cant tell any difference gets me! I just want to watch every movie again now to hear them at there full potential, its sure addictive stuff...

idc

aliEnRIK:

Glad your happy Jase
emotion-2.gif

X2, nice one Jase

aliEnRIK:

Do you think youll be retesting against your mates Russ Andrews? Im very interested in the results of that to be honest

X2 again. What about the rest of your RA power cords, will they be getting replaced?!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the link. Big selection, what would you recommend to feed an Isotek Mira? (connected to a 5090 and onkyo 875)

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
JTD:Thanks for the link. Big selection, what would you recommend to feed an Isotek Mira? (connected to a 5090 and onkyo 875)

I also have a Mira and can recommend their 16 core COPPER braided mains lead (Email them about it ~ be about 60 quid at a guess). Though youll probably find the same as me in that the tv and the amp responds better if the leads plugged direct into the equipment (So id actually suggest 3 of them)

Also ~ you might find it better with the Onkyo plugged direct into the mains as the Miras not really designed for amps

Personally speaking I have the solid silver ones to my amps (Which is what Jase has)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
idc:aliEnRIK:

Glad your happy Jase
emotion-2.gif

X2, nice one Jase

aliEnRIK:

X2 again. What about the rest of your RA power cords, will they be getting replaced?!
Hi idc,

I dont think i'll be replacing my other RA kords as yet, as the TM3 is so damn good with my amp, BUT? We shall see ! You never know as i may get the urge one day (i just wont be telling the other half, ha as she thinks i got the TM3 free with a magazine ha) (wink)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I have one of TM3's £19 RFI screened mains cables (with silver plated MK tough-plug and 'figure of 8' connector) for my Beresford PSU.

Very well constructed item and - given that the plug alone costs £9.95 - very good value.

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:
JTD:Thanks for the link. Big selection, what would you recommend to feed an Isotek Mira? (connected to a 5090 and onkyo 875)

I also have a Mira and can recommend their 16 core COPPER braided mains lead (Email them about it ~ be about 60 quid at a guess). Though youll probably find the same as me in that the tv and the amp responds better if the leads plugged direct into the equipment (So id actually suggest 3 of them)

Also ~ you might find it better with the Onkyo plugged direct into the mains as the Miras not really designed for amps

Personally speaking I have the solid silver ones to my amps (Which is what Jase has)

Thanks :) . So if I plugged the silver TM3 cable from the amp to wall and a copper 16 core braided to my Mira, could i run cheaper Alpha line copper cables to my onkyo and bdp-lx91? Or would this be a waste of money? (plus am saving for a Pioneer lx82, should i bother with a power lead for the amp?)

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
JTD:aliEnRIK:

Thanks :) . So if I plugged the silver TM3 cable from the amp to wall and a copper 16 core braided to my Mira, could i run cheaper Alpha line copper cables to my onkyo and bdp-lx91? Or would this be a waste of money? (plus am saving for a Pioneer lx82, should i bother with a power lead for the amp?)

Im sure that would work very well. Not as well as 16 core braids all round but certainly a good gain.

I found the Mira (And even the Sigmas) doesnt squash all RFI and adding 16 core from them to the equipment had even greater benefits

Of course this is all dependent on various factors ~

Equipment used, RFI present in the mains and airbourne EMI

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Right, me & my mate did an a/b comparison over the weekend between the RA reference powerkord (DCT treated) & the TM3 kord.

Now i must say the TM3 is excellent value for money & makes a huge difference (once burnt-in) but we both found the RA to be better, mind you for the extra money you would expect so, bass seems more extended & reveals so much more detail.

Now for the good part we did a "blind test" i left the room & my mate would change the kord then ask me back in, i then put "the day after tomorrow" on bluray & within the first opening scenes which does have nice deep bass content i guessed right !!! (RA reference used) i must say that doing the blind test the midrange was on a par but one thing you cant escape from is the more deeper, extended bass that the RA's produces as its that noticeable.

I think i could say that my pioneer amp probably sounds just as good if not better than the pioneer models thats replaced it ! The difference this powerkord makes is unbelievable & the WHSAV review of this kord is spot on ...

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Id like to try a DCT treated TM3 chord to see what difference it would make

Cheers for the update Jase
emotion-21.gif
(Though I suspect the RA will never be as cheap again)

I still say the TM3 needs more running in though

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:
Id like to try a DCT treated TM3 chord to see what difference it would make

Cheers for the update Jase
emotion-21.gif
(Though I suspect the RA will never be as cheap again)

I still say the TM3 needs more running in though

Im just wandering Rik how much the DCT treatment of the RA Kord has played tbh? Id be curious as to how it would sound untreated? & like you suggest how much better the TM3 would sound if treated mmmm?

And yes maybe the TM3 could do with a little more burning in time we'll do another a/.b in another month or so to see if anything has changed mate. But the TM3 is still a great cable & very good value for money considering how much RA ones are...

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Ive honestly never tried an A-B comparison of any chord so unsure how much DCT would make a difference (My dad has some Black Rhodium DCT stuff around 600 quid a meter (!) which is awesome and the only DCT treated stuff ive ever heard)

I thought it was a gimmick until I saw a microscopic picture of a metal before and after DCT treatment. The grain structure 'completely' changes and so id hazard a guess it makes a hell of a difference!

The TM3 is absolutely awesome for the money. Ive still never come across anything that even comes close for the money. Still, if I can find a decent enough DCT treated RA one on the cheap I might have to give it a go
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts