Alfa Romeo thread - back from the dead!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Friesiansam

Styling is brutish/radical but I like it. Far better than the current styling from BMW with the bunny teeth grill.
BMW have really pushed the boat out with the latest model, the XM.
bmw-xm-2023-001-tracking-front.jpg

They'll be needing a new ugly stick after that effort...

Reactions: Al ears
Why not treat it to a valet? I've been using the same guy for more than 25 years - costs £25 a time, but I'd never get it looking anything like as 'new' if I did it.
I've purchased a car wash mitt as sponges can hold grit. Instead of using a chamois leather, I have a load of large microfiber cloths.

Use a clay bar to remove any tar and swirls in the paintwork, finish off by waxing and a separate polish. But I need 3 dry days.

Last edited:

WayneKerr

I've purchased a car wash mitt as sponges can hold grit. Instead of using a chamois leather, I have a load of large microfiber cloths.

Use a clay bar to remove any tar and swirls in the paintwork, finish off by waxing and a separate polish. But I need 3 dry days.
Definitely agree with wash-mitt but not microfibre cloths, they don't absorb water, can't beat a chamois in this respect. Microfibre are great for the final polishing (y)

Reactions: nopiano

WayneKerr

Point taken, but I've never found microfibre to be as absorbent as a chamois... it spreads the water around as opposed to soaking it up. Try it on a house window and see the results.

I've always been a chamois to dry, microfibre or cotton to buff... but I'm probably talking out of my b*m :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts