Question AKG Noise Cancelling Headphones N60NC Wireless Bluetooth

rejor11

Dec 20, 2019
Visit site
So I actually owned (well, I still owe) a pair of these. Their noise canceling was pretty good, and they're compact. Honestly they're pretty good headphones... buuuuutttt........

I owned them for six months and the left ear cup, where the stalk connects to the telescopic adjustment, broke. This part is glued to the telescopic bar. Easy enough to fix; I used super glue.

However, for the price, I find this unacceptable. Keep in mind that this is from daily use, folding / unfolding every day, putting them in my backpack, etc.

Some time after that, the cushion for the right earphone fell off. The leather here is quite thin, and had developed a small tear over time, which eventually made it loose.

So, if you decide to buy these, you'll probably have to handle them with kids gloves. Otherwise, go for a Sennheiser model ( I still have a pair of six year old Sennheiser momentums that just last forever )

bandy

Nov 23, 2019
Visit site
So I actually owned (well, I still owe) a pair of these. Their noise canceling was pretty good, and they're compact. Honestly they're pretty good headphones... buuuuutttt........

I owned them for six months and the left ear cup, where the stalk connects to the telescopic adjustment, broke. This part is glued to the telescopic bar. Easy enough to fix; I used super glue.

However, for the price, I find this unacceptable. Keep in mind that this is from daily use, folding / unfolding every day, putting them in my backpack, etc.

Some time after that, the cushion for the right earphone fell off. The leather here is quite thin, and had developed a small tear over time, which eventually made it loose.

So, if you decide to buy these, you'll probably have to handle them with kids gloves. Otherwise, go for a Sennheiser model ( I still have a pair of six year old Sennheiser momentums that just last forever )
Thanks for this. Can you recommend a pair of Sennheisers with same specs for roughly the same price?

rejor11

Dec 20, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for this. Can you recommend a pair of Sennheisers with same specs for roughly the same price?

So my old Sennheisers are first generation Momentums. I know the latest model, the gen 3 Momentum wireless, has noise canceling and it should be a good choice.

However, I do know that the noise canceling isn't the best, especially when compared to Sonys and Bose. Still, I would go for the Momentums just due to build quality, and they'll be good for traveling.

mr_baker644

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
I've owned a pair of these for a year and a half now, and use them almost every day. I use these for commuting and a pair of Bose soundsport BT in-ear headphones for the gym. Compared to the Bose sound-wise, I find the AKG's quite neutral yet rhythmic. My Bose in-ears have more low-end extension with a more revealing mid-range, which I sometimes prefer.

In terms of everyday use, I've had bad experiences with AKG due to my over-average sized head! I went through 3 pairs of K451's as the connecting cable to the right driver always snapped, as it caught on the telescopic headband. No such problem with the N60NC's though. They seem to be much better built in comparison. The noise-cancelling is also very good for on-ears. I've compared them to Beats / Bose over-ears and they seem just as good at cancelling out ambient noise to my ears.

You'd be satisfied with the value for money they represent in my opinion.

DCarmi

I have both the N60NC and Momentum 2 Wireless headphones. The N60NC and comfy, sound neutral and decent and have moderate ANC. Being over ear, they do have a tendency to fall off if you bend down.
They pack quite compactly, so I take these travelling, to the office etc.

The Momentums are a little less comfortable (I get ridges on the top of my head as padding is a little light - both headphones and top of my head!), sound better than the AKG and the ANC is a tad better. I use these at home, often with wires.

If I had to choose one only, the N60NC for their flexibility (but I'd miss the Momentums).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts