AKG K450 £49.95

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
psurquhart said:
Juzzie Wuzzie said:
Be careful what you wish for - you don't want certain other laws of supply and demand to come into force here!

You got me thinking today - so just to be sure - went down to Richer Sounds and paid a £10 deposit to secure the price !

Apparantly getting stock to their main warehouse for distribution in the next seven days. The guy at Maidstone even told me that Richer Sounds has ordered 1600 of them !!! And three have already been paid for in there store - now thats alot of information that you dont generally hear from most retailers.

Richer Sounds still have not contacted me regarding when AKG decide to actually start making these again. My last update from RS was about a week ago saying that AKG are expecting to start distributing these soon ??? The guy at RS said that according to AKG they were having quality control problems on the 450's ? Anyone know anything about this ?

This has to be the coldest hot deal that was ever offered - I put a deposit down on a pair weeks ago !!!

Really frustrating.

Does anyone at What Hi Fi know of anyone at AKG for an explaination ???

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I got mine 3 months ago for $80 and they sound pretty good for the money-10x better than my CX-300 II. My ipod nano drives them well and it well suited for most genres of music. I listen mostly to pop, dance, and house music.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
csq2 said:
I got mine 3 months ago for $80 and they sound pretty good for the money-10x better than my CX-300 II. My ipod nano drives them well and it well suited for most genres of music. I listen mostly to pop, dance, and house music.

Yeah thanks for that - I cant wait to get my hands on a pair ;) Everyone that has them seems to rave about them - which is even more frustrating to hear - I just wanna know whats going on with their supply issues :wall:

As previous to above post - does anyone at What Hi Fi know anyone at AKG for an update ???

Paid a deposit to guarantee £49.95 deal back on 16th January (glad I did because RS has since put the price back up even though they have not had any to sell - cheeky imo). But hey, thats supply and demand for you.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I have these headphones too, i bought them before christmas from SuperFi when they were doing a 10% discount promotion so i paid just under £45 for mine and they were money well spent. I use an iPod touch that i bought at the same time and they are execellent cans for the money and make my iPod sing but i find that you need to use lossless files to get the most out of them.

As for stock levels...you can get these cans elsewhere but you will have to pay for the privelage, Amazon have them in stock but they want £69.99 for them. It's a case of how badly you want them really? If you want them now they are out there but you will have to pay an extra £20 to get them over the price at Richer Sounds, i'm sure stock will arrive this month or at the latest the beginning of next month so patients may be the best idea if you want to get them for £50 but the wait will be worth it ;)

The 450's are even out of stock on the official AKG UK shop so stock must be arriving soon i would have thought, fingers crossed you get some soon.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Yes i did see that, perhaps i should have mentioned it in my last post but as it's fulfilled by Amazon you have the same rights to return if the product is unsatisfactory so there is very little risk involved if you want some sooner rather than later.

According to my Richer Sounds VIP email i received today they are expecting the 450's back in stock on 24/2/12 which is tomorrow, they are advertising them in that email with that date quoted so there could be some good news for psurquhart very soon! Note that the email states 'expected' so there is no guarantee but it's looking good for them being in stock quite soon, might be worth chasing them up now?

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Oldboy said:
Yes i did see that, perhaps i should have mentioned it in my last post but as it's fulfilled by Amazon you have the same rights to return if the product is unsatisfactory so there is very little risk involved if you want some sooner rather than later.

According to my Richer Sounds VIP email i received today they are expecting the 450's back in stock on 24/2/12 which is tomorrow, they are advertising them in that email with that date quoted so there could be some good news for psurquhart very soon! Note that the email states 'expected' so there is no guarantee but it's looking good for them being in stock quite soon, might be worth chasing them up now?

Woo hoo ! Just read this.

Have heard this all before, so wont hold my breath ! However, will phone them , since they have not contacted me ( despite promising ), Monday morning.

Fingers crossed and thanks for the heads up Oldboy :)

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Don't blame me if it's bad news though, just thought that info would be of some use. If you get no luck with the store then ring Richer Sounds customer care team or email them, they are excellent and you will get far more info from them than you will at store level as they are just dealing with stock levels and won't have any info other than that.

I really hope you get a pair soon so fingers crossed the next week or so brings some good news for you, keep me updated with how you get on :)

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
:)

Richer Sounds has its first 220 of these finally on their way - woop woop.

Hopefully, will get mine on Thursday 1st March or at the latest Monday 5th.

I hope they have been worth the wait.

Cheers for the heads up Oldboy :cheers:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
psurquhart said:
:)

Richer Sounds has its first 220 of these finally on their way - woop woop.

Hopefully, will get mine on Thursday 1st March or at the latest Monday 5th.

I hope they have been worth the wait.

Cheers for the heads up Oldboy :cheers:

You are welcome, just glad i was of some help :grin:

That's great news that you will finally get them, they will be worth the wait i can assure you but as i said earlier in the thread get your music in the highest possible quality you can as i found lossless formats (FLAC, WAV and Apple Lossless) were far better with these cans. MP3 even at 320kps max setting was not getting the most from them and lower quality files than that were a complete waste of the sound you can get out of them, they are quality headphones and require high quality files.

My iPod touch has nothing but Apple Lossless files on it now and the difference is night and day stuff, i won't be going back to MP3 ever again.

Enjoy the headphones and don't forget to give them an overnight run in before you judge them, they need a little time to settle in from straight out of the box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts