Aiwa AF-5090 Anti-Skate Adjustment

marktyers

Mar 16, 2021
Visit site
I have inherited an Aiwa AF-5090 (with a pair of JF-149 speakers) and have been checking it is set up correctly. One issue is that the anti-skate setting was incorrect (stylus pulled towards spindle). I could not find a way to adjust the anti-skate so resorted to a blob of blu-tack (see photo). With this in place I have a neutral position.

Two questions:
  1. Is the default behaviour correct (should I have just left it)?
  2. If the adjustment was correct, is there a more elegant way than using a block of blu-tack?
Cheers.

Attachments

• tempImageS0tr3r.jpg
    tempImageS0tr3r.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 10
  • tempImageRs84Fo.jpg
    tempImageRs84Fo.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 10
  • tempImageoOlfPN.jpg
    tempImageoOlfPN.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 9
I have inherited an Aiwa AF-5090 (with a pair of JF-149 speakers) and have been checking it is set up correctly. One issue is that the anti-skate setting was incorrect (stylus pulled towards spindle). I could not find a way to adjust the anti-skate so resorted to a blob of blu-tack (see photo). With this in place I have a neutral position.

Two questions:
  1. Is the default behaviour correct (should I have just left it)?
  2. If the adjustment was correct, is there a more elegant way than using a block of blu-tack?
Cheers.
Did it swing with zero tracking force dialled in?
Does the weight not move any further up that spindle towards where the blu-tack is?

marktyers

Mar 16, 2021
Visit site
Did it swing with zero tracking force dialled in?
Does the weight not move any further up that spindle towards where the blu-tack is?
If I prop up the swing weight (so it is not touching the bar makes the arm swung rapidly towards the spindle. With the weight but no blu-tac it swung slower towards the centre and with the blu-tac it stays in place. The weight does not appear to be movable (although I'm nervous applying too much force).

If I prop up the swing weight (so it is not touching the bar makes the arm swung rapidly towards the spindle. With the weight but no blu-tac it swung slower towards the centre and with the blu-tac it stays in place. The weight does not appear to be movable (although I'm nervous applying too much force).
I assumed it was moveable to adjust this swing but I am not familiar with this deck.
Is the spindle with you blu-tack on not threaded?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts