Airport Express question

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm wanting to give Airplay compatibility to my old PM66KI amp. I understand from replies others have given to similar questions that the Airport Express is the simplest solution. I see the AE has a USB socket. If I plug my USB DAC into it, will the AE recognise it and use it?

Thanks

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No not really. Elaborating on where I was originally heading with this, as my primary source I use a 2010 Mac Mini running iTunes, which in turn is plugged into a HRT Streamer II+ DAC. The Mac Mini streams lossless files from a NAS. Back in July I had thoughts about selling the Mac Mini and buying a cheap old iPad, such as an iPad 2, and use it to stream my library losslessly from my NAS to an AE, which in turn I had hoped would acknowledge my HRT II+ DAC when plugged into its USB socket and use it as an output device. But as explained to me, the USB socket is only for WiFi printing.

The DAC is USB powered and has no other input, so it wouldn't be compatible with an ATV either, I imagine.

In the end I gave up on the idea and carried on using the Mac Mini linked to the HRT II+

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts