Ainol Tablets

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone any experience with these tablets? I've been hmming and haing over a new phone or whether I should get a tablet and cheap phone. I'd like something with a bigger screen to watch videos, youtube, iPlayer and programmes on the Sky app. Internet use too.

I think tablets have a little bit to go yet in terms of development so I don't want to spend big money just now. I could wait for the new Nexus 7 to come out but to be honest I'd prefer a 10 inch screen.

The Ainol Hero 2 is about £140, quad core, Jelly Bean and seem to do everything I'd need. I realise there'll be sacrifices somewhere, maybe build quality or it might seem 'plasticky'.

It's wi-fi only but I'd only be using it in the house anyway.

Any opinions?

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
It's a smaller screen than I wanted, it doesn't have a rear camera and using it to make calls would make you look stupid plus it's not something you can just shove in your pocket. On the plus side, it is cheap and you can get sim only, 12 month deals with all you can eat data for £16 a month.

A 24 month contract with free phone at £32 a month is £768 over the life of the contract. Say a 10" Ainol tablet at £140 gives £908. The fonepad costs £180 plus, say we renew the initial 12 month contract for same price in year two, £384 giving a total of £564. That's a saving of £344.

The lack of camera and size for phone calls could be the deal breaker for me.

What someone needs to make is a black box, something small that could be shoved in your pocket and have screens paired to it. You could buy as many or as few screens in whatever size you want. 4 or 5 inch for out and about, 7 to 10 inch for in the house of even large 42 or bigger panels for in the living room.

Nadeac

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I had an Ainol novo flame .It was ok for £130 .a 7 inch hi res sceen dual core hdmi card slot etc

The trouble is with these chinese tablets is they have lots of chinese apps built in to them and the warranty is hit and miss ,

In lot of cases u get a cr==py 2 pin charger with adaptor aswell

I was always flashing mine with custom roms

For the price they aint to bad though ,BUT the mainstrean makers are catching up on price/what u get for your money ratio now

Least if u buy from hi street or well known online retailers you now wher u stand with warranty

Theres other chinese ones to go for with a less stupid name PIPO ,ONDA are supposed to be good .The latest ones have the A31 quad chip with retina display , core Gpu .Abou the same price as Nexus 7 only 9.7/10.1 screen hdmi out card slot etc

When i get another tablet i keep on saying thats enough ,i had four of them ,im going mainstream ,but the lastest a31 tablets are very tempting!

Onda do an A31 7.9 inch tablet for about £150 same size screen as ipad mini only Retina

Dont bother with anything under £100 especially single core A8 ones

Mark

harveymt said:
What someone needs to make is a black box, something small that could be shoved in your pocket and have screens paired to it. You could buy as many or as few screens in whatever size you want. 4 or 5 inch for out and about, 7 to 10 inch for in the house of even large 42 or bigger panels for in the living room.

Asus Padfone 2 is another option, but without any cost savings:

http://uk.asus.com/Mobile/PadFone2/

Another option is to go for a Google Nexus 4 which is a brilliant phone at a bargain price, and spend a bit more on a tablet, like Nexus 10

http://www.google.co.uk/nexus/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts