After much humming and harring..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
.. and auditions I think I have settled on the following:

Pioneer VSX lx53

KEF Q900, Q400 Sub, Q600C centre and KEF eggs/Q800 Bipoles for the surrounds

LG 50PK350

Any comments or suggestions before I buy/order things next week.

The q900's might have to drop to the q700's as getting them past the missus may be a bit tricky.

Mr Mellie:
.. and auditions I think I have settled on the following:

Pioneer VSX lx53

KEF Q900, Q400 Sub, Q600C centre and KEF eggs/Q800 Bipoles for the surrounds

LG 50PK350

Any comments or suggestions before I buy/order things next week.

The q900's might have to drop to the q700's as getting them past the missus may be a bit tricky.

Hi Mr Mellie

I'll suggest you should also consider Yamaha's RX-V2067 with Monitor Audio Silver RX8 - RX6/RXLCR/RXFX/RXW12. For sub/sat speakers Radius HD or Apex speakers with RXFX for surounds.

The RX-V2067 will also work well with the KEF speakers.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick,

I listened to the MAs and B&Ws and preferred the sound of the KEFs. I was a bit disappointed by the B&Ws ( 683s ) as my current B&Ws are good and I thought before I set out that the B&Ws would walk it like last time, just goes to show that listening is everything I guess.

No I have not heard the V2067 - I will see if the dealer can demo it for me with the KEFs.

Out of interest does anyone know the difference between the Pioneer VSX-LX53 and the VSX2020 apart from the Bluetooth bit, the aluminium front and £150? cos I can't see any.

Cheers

Mr. Mellie

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Mr Mellie:

Hi Rick,

I listened to the MAs and B&Ws and preferred the sound of the KEFs. I was a bit disappointed by the B&Ws ( 683s ) as my current B&Ws are good and I thought before I set out that the B&Ws would walk it like last time, just goes to show that listening is everything I guess.

No I have not heard the V2067 - I will see if the dealer can demo it for me with the KEFs.

Out of interest does anyone know the difference between the Pioneer VSX-LX53 and the VSX2020 apart from the Bluetooth bit, the aluminium front and £150? cos I can't see any.

Cheers

Mr. Mellie

I've been told that is the only difference.........what did you end up with?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts