After a 5.1 setup (maybe) 7.1 to connect to my ps3?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to this and was after a home cinema system to use with my ps3. I also have a wii and an x box, but really want to use with the ps3. I may use it with the x box as I think it may be better for watching normal dvd's?

Can somebody please advise what I should go for? What will I need to get. I don't really want to spen too much at the minute, but can go for a better system down the line.

I use a Sony 40 W4000 lcd tv. The x box and the cable (virgin media) box both are connected via Ixos scart leads. The ps3 is connected via hdmi (philex 2metre) I think its called.

I have a budget of around £300

I have seen a sony dav-is50 for about £250 (reduced price). Is this any good and will I need to get an amp as I wont be using the dvd player that comes in the package! Not sure whether to buy this kit? Also any other kits anybody?

Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

Considering your budget you may be looking for something different than the traditional receiver + surround setup. Pherhaps a home cinema in a box (hciab) may suit you well, but make sure you have the proper connection inputs available.

My brother has a system from JVC where he is able to connect his consoles and other inputs to and he only paid like 200 ?

Sorry as i don't know the exact model number

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I'm considering raising my budget, but don't want to spend too much, maybe £600 max at the minute.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
There are a few options that would give you a reasonable surround system, starting with the Sony dg820, if you can find one at £230-250. Then for speakers look at Kef 1005.2, 2005.2, 2005.3 or Tannoy fx and the Jamo's, these being sats small and compact, if you wanted a larger traditional speaker, i think the Wharfdale Diamonds 9 hcp package is great value at £350 in Walnut and also the Q Acoustics 1010i but there also close to £450 and you can get the Tannoy Arena lites without stands and grilles for £399. If it was me i would look at the Wharfdales and add the Onkyo 606 for under £350 total close £700 but well worth it. Speaker cable go for some budget QED micro maybe XT for fronts but not essential. You should then have a decent surround system to hook up your PS3 with.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts