admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
I have an Aego P5 (mark 1) 5.1 set up which I still enjoy but was wondering whether I could replace the processor with an alternative AV amp. The processor is limited in connections and supported sound codecs. The complication is that the P5 sub does the amplification and is the crossover for the sats so I was thinking along the lines of an amp with pre-outs (something like the Yamaha DSPAX763) that I could direct to the sub.
Anyone know whether that would work? If it did then longer term I could upgrade the sub and sats - spreading the cost!
Cheers!

A

Anonymous

No replies .....

However I have now taken the plunge following confirmation from Acoustic Energy..... and have purchased a Sony DTR-DA2400ES and wired it to the sub using the full set of pre-outs and the alternative sub cable provided with the P5 originally.

Sound was great to start with but with tweaking and the amp running in is fantastic now. Recommend this to other P5 owners....

PG

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Yeah. Sorry. There are two different schools of thought. Some say ignoring/not posting on a thread is rude. Others say posting "I don't know" or "My one works fine" is pointless.

Glad it worked out, and I hope your other posts don't descend into the post wilderness!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts