Aedle VK-1?

gregch

Nov 9, 2004
Visit site
Would be great to hear if anyone has tried these? Or even whether WHF has had the opportunity to try them yet? Such reviews as I could find were very positive, but they seem to be sold mostly through high end fashion and department stores and marketed as a bit "lifestyle", and seemingly no opportunity to easily try them out.

They look like they might be an alternative to the B&W P7?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't call the reviews exactly positive, although the reviews at headfonia and headfonics tried to put a positive spin on them. Basically the sound is very dark and treble-recessed (i.e. not hi-fi), and headfonics had defective experiences twice.

gregch

Nov 9, 2004
Visit site
dalethorn said:
I wouldn't call the reviews exactly positive, although the reviews at headfonia and headfonics tried to put a positive spin on them. Basically the sound is very dark and treble-recessed (i.e. not hi-fi), and headfonics had defective experiences twice.

Ah. I did wonder, given that they haven't been reviewed by many hi-fi sites, and they seem to be sold exclusively through fashion stores. I hadn't seen the headfonics review but sounds like they're not ideal, either for sound or build - shame, because they look great!

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
gregch said:
Ah. I did wonder, given that they haven't been reviewed by many hi-fi sites, and they seem to be sold exclusively through fashion stores. I hadn't seen the headfonics review but sounds like they're not ideal, either for sound or build - shame, because they look great!

The forum is having more problems? It just discarded by lengthy reply and now I have to start from scratch.

When I first saw the VK-1 it reminded me of the Molami Pleat, sold by the Apple on-line store. The Molami was marketed at women, as was another Apple brand - the Frends Taylor, Ella, Layla, etc. I tried the Taylor at the local Apple store in late 2012. I inquired about Molami at length, but never got a reply. I was contacted a long time ago about reviewing the VK-1, but they apparently lost interest. Probably just as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts