AE Radience sub buzzes

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is it normal for this sub to buzz all the time?

At the moment i am not using it as the low freq buzz drives me mad. I have tried a different cable (mains and phono) and it still buzz's.

MaxFlinn/PPete/Strapped?

Matt

A

Anonymous

mine doesn't buzz, it's working fine. is yours a b stock?

A

Anonymous

it is B stock Max. Thats a worry - i will maybe have to give AE a call to see what the problem could be.

A

Anonymous

yea that's the best thing to do, they are quite helpful there so should see you right...
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

My RSW12 used to buzz all the time, but has died down after a few months.

It doesnt bother me as its only just a light hum now and I cant hear it.

Sometimes its the capacitor they use, or something like that.

A

Anonymous

matthaskell:
Is it normal for this sub to buzz all the time?

At the moment i am not using it as the low freq buzz drives me mad. I have tried a different cable (mains and phono) and it still buzz's.

MaxFlinn/PPete/Strapped?

Matt

Mines silent, i have it set to auto.

Is yours in Auto or set to On ?

A

Anonymous

Right, back online.

The sub is set to on, though makes the same noise when set to auto.

It stops when i remove the interconnect from the sub.

I missed the return call from AE today, so will update when i speak to them tomorrow

Matt

A

Anonymous

Hi all, an update as promised.

I spoke to AE today about the sub - explained the problems and fixes i tried.

The tech guy suggested plugging the sub into the same surge protector as the AVR as sometimes the ring main can cause intrerference - never heard such a thing.

However it worked! Could not beleive it. Is this common knowledge?

The sub is an absolute powerhouse. I have yet to set it up properly (notch filter etc all off) but hell its good.

I watched the Black Knight for the first time on Blu Ray and the sound is awesome. Now the sub is working i can fine tune the whole system to get a balance.

Big thumbs to AE tech from me

Matt

A

Anonymous

nice one
emotion-21.gif
, AE are proving to be a good company to do business with, btw, there's an old thread on here somewhere where pistol pete explained to me how he setup his ae radience, if you can find it (perhaps pete will post a link?) it may prove helpful when you go about tuning
emotion-21.gif

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Though it's worrying that, of the four forumites I know of who bought a 'b stock' Radiance sub (myself included in this number), two have encountered problems (assuming the buzzing described on this thread is not caused elsewhere in the OP's system).

That said, I've had no problems with mine; and I still think it was an absolute steal... Do you still own yours Max, given the substantial changes to your system of late?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts