AE Compact 1

matthewpiano

For anybody looking for a really compact pair of speakers...

I heard the tiny AE Compact 1s today and have to say they are brilliant. Wide open sounding, loads of detail and clarity. Of course they won't shake the earth but they have qualities that bassier budget speakers tend to overlook and they are so, so rhythmic and agile. Vocals are very impressive on them - beautifully focused and uninhibited.

I was blown away by the much more expensive but equally compact Neat Iota speakers at the Manchester Show, but I have to say that given their price the little AEs are very impressive indeed. AE have done a great job here and they've made a very small speaker that is honest, musical and involving.

Hi Matt

I've had my Compact 1's for some time now and they are indeed excellent speakers
smiley-cool.gif
The look on the face of the man from Acoustic Energy was to it mildly a picture when he heard the performance of the Compact 1's conneted to a Plinius Hiato amplifier :grin: Anyway nice one Acoustic Energy :)

Merry Christmas

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Just a thought on these. I have a pair of 2nd hand AE1 classics but they are not ideally positioned due to room size etc and reside on some quarter inch plate glass shelves fixed by Blu Tac. They are a bit squashed in to be honest. Would I be mad tro consider swapping them for the Compact 1's which would aesthetically fit the bill perfectly. I do have a sub so earth shaking bass is not really an issue. Would be interested if anyone has heard a comparison between the two.

nick8858 said:
Just a thought on these. I have a pair of 2nd hand AE1 classics but they are not ideally positioned due to room size etc and reside on some quarter inch plate glass shelves fixed by Blu Tac. They are a bit squashed in to be honest. Would I be mad tro consider swapping them for the Compact 1's which would aesthetically fit the bill perfectly. I do have a sub so earth shaking bass is not really an issue. Would be interested if anyone has heard a comparison between the two.

Hi nick8858

I've own both the Compact 1's and the Classics :) As good as the Compact 1's are however the Classics are still in a different league :rockout:

Merry Christmas

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rick, thought that might be the case. Only option then is to move house!

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Matt

I've had my Compact 1's for some time now and they are indeed excellent speakers
smiley-cool.gif
The look on the face of the man from Acoustic Energy was to it mildly a picture when he heard the performance of the Compact 1's conneted to a Plinius Hiato amplifier :grin: Anyway nice one Acoustic Energy :)

Merry Christmas

Rick @ Musicraft
How would you describe their sound Rick? :)

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Compact 1's would be any good with my Roksan Kandy L.III Amplifier? My current Wharfedales are far too bright and i'm looking for a suitable replacement. Thanks

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Matt

smiley-cool.gif

Merry Christmas

Rick @ Musicraft
Hello Rick, they actually coped with a six grand + amp ,generating 300 watts per channel ? :O

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano said:
For anybody looking for a really compact pair of speakers...

I heard the tiny AE Compact 1s today and have to say they are brilliant. Wide open sounding, loads of detail and clarity. Of course they won't shake the earth but they have qualities that bassier budget speakers tend to overlook and they are so, so rhythmic and agile. Vocals are very impressive on them - beautifully focused and uninhibited.

I was blown away by the much more expensive but equally compact Neat Iota speakers at the Manchester Show, but I have to say that given their price the little AEs are very impressive indeed. AE have done a great job here and they've made a very small speaker that is honest, musical and involving.
Honest ,musical,involving. How would these interpret into either warm,neutral ,bright, matt? :)

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I can't really comment on the sound as my opinion would be considered biased, but they do take power extremely well.

I've had my AVI (200 watts or so) about 3/4 of the way round on the dial with no problems on them (with a balanced, not "Pop" recording). Same principal as AE1 ports - small bore so at high volume essentialy reaches its usable throughput and the speaker starts acting more like a sealed box, extending the power that can be put into it - was part of the design process.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts