Advise on Cables

Burto

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Have almost completed putting a budget system together and looking to purchase cables

Coax - from Bluray to DAC

RCA - from CD to AMP

Bluray is Pioneer LX52 ( doubling as CD player)

Amp is Teac AH500 and speakers are Dali Zensor3

Currently cables cheap no name items.

Looking to spend no more than £50 each.

Trying to improve detail/seperation of instruments and dont mind if bass is less prominent.

Dont mind a tad brighter but not as the sun.

mightyquin

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I agree, just buy a decent cable for each, i.e. an upgrade from the crappy ones they ship with the products.

Try putting a small piece of blu tack in each corner of your ceiling, just to 'smooth out' the actual corner between ceiling and walls. Amazing difference to the sound.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Silly Blu-tack tweaks aside, it is important when considering speaker cables that you decide whether the cables will be simply run across the floor or properly suspended on these.

Alpha1.jpg

Impossible to choose the correct speaker cables until you have made this decision.

Burto

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Devil he is - I once hung a photo of a steam pudding above my system to add meat to the bass on the advise of others but to no avail.

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Actually the blu tack would work to improve the sound if used in a corner. Only problem is it would need to be about two foot wide and a foot deep.

As for cables - £10-15 is plenty to get something nicely made that will last for many years. If you're not happy with the sound then move the speakers/listening position/try putting soft objects like duvets/cushions near the speakers to see if reflections are 'tainting' the sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts